Catholic Weddings

Wednesday!!

Happy Wednesday to everyone!

Today FI and I meet with our priest, and then later meet with our Creighton instructor.  Big day!!  Tomorrow is my first dress fitting, so it's REALLY starting to feel like the wedding's close! 

How were the Creighton sessions last night?  Anything that surprised you?  I'm nervous!!

Re: Wednesday!!

• How exciting, Resa!  I loved loved loved my fittings!

Last day before the Biology STAAR Test!  The state sent out a list of what was considered unsatisfactory, satisfactory, and advanced, and I am cautiously optimistic that most of my students should score in the "advanced" range, and most of our on-level students should score in the "satisfactory" to "advanced" ranges as long as they take their time.  We're having lots of trouble with the on-level students (and some Honors students) just refusing to accept that this test affects their ability to graduate down the road.  Hopefully since this is the last STAAR, they've realized just how serious it is from taking three other ones already.

I slept for ten hours last night!  This has been a very exhausting week!

And our closing/moving date got pushed back, but that is actually good news because it gives me more time to pack!
    Anniversary

• Happy Wednesday!

Resa77 - our Creighton meeting last night was really good!  Turns out our teacher is the SIL of one of FI's co-workers - small world!  My FI was actually very supportive of it, he even made the comment of "well, this kind of seems like common sense" and was surprised at how effective it can be.  He even asked me this morning already if I'd started doing my "lady observations" haha!  Hopefully your meetings go well today, and have fun at your fitting tomorrow!  My dress won't be in for a few months yet, can't wait for that!

Prof - good luck to your students, and good luck packing!  Where will you be moving?  You've probably mentioned it before on other posts, but I don't remember seeing it :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:4e1826e9-8230-42fd-b220-2a8779035236Post:ed2ca53a-5498-4de5-a5b4-8fb5a02f4d6b">Re: Wednesday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Prof - good luck to your students, and good luck packing!  Where will you be moving?  You've probably mentioned it before on other posts, but I don't remember seeing it :)
    Posted by erin5286[/QUOTE]

We're moving to Oklahoma City -- a welcome change from Pampa, TX, where we'd intended to move.  =)  I'm sad to leave Dallas, but I grew up in Oklahoma, so I'm thrilled to go back!
    Anniversary

• Tami87Tami87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Resa - have fun at your dress fitting. I went to my first dress fitting last Saturday and I agree, I am really starting to feel like the wedding is close!

We had a year and a half engagement so now I go from being so sick of waiting to be married and impatient for the wedding to completely overwhelmed that it is so close and I feel like I still have so many little details left to take care of. I have been really horrible lately about focusing on getting my research done instead of wedding planning. I'm a phD student in biology so my day is very non-structured. My boss is pretty laid back and doesn't really care what my schedule is as long as I am making progress and getting results. So it is so easy to put off doing lab work to spend time on the knot or taking care of other wedding stuff.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:4e1826e9-8230-42fd-b220-2a8779035236Post:9f00771f-689c-49eb-9403-cc4b4af7ac2c">Re: Wednesday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]! We had a year and a half engagement so now I go from being so sick of waiting to be married and impatient for the wedding to completely overwhelmed that it is so close and I feel like I still have so many little details left to take care of.[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This. </div><div>I'm sick of wedding planning and just want it to get here. My mom's gotten a burst of helping-energy and wants to help with a lot of details now, but I'm just done with it! I don't care if we don't have "enough" decorations... I'm just ready for my family to get here and spend time with them and get married. I'm just stressing that everything will come together. </div><div>We met with the DJ the other night and FI and I had a big argument over our ~1 hour gap between the service and the reception. He wanted to all of a sudden make the reception 1/2 an hour earlier.... the invitations say 5:00... not a whole lot we can do now. I'd rather have people get there a little early without any music playing than our ceremony to run real late and cut into the time. I dunno, just tired of it. Now I'm done.... 

</div>
    Anniversary
  • Happy Wednesday to me!

My accountant won for me against an IRS audit and my attorney against my landlord.  Nothing can go wrong with  me today!

I wish this kind of day on everyone!
  • TeaForMeTeaForMe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:4e1826e9-8230-42fd-b220-2a8779035236Post:ed2ca53a-5498-4de5-a5b4-8fb5a02f4d6b">Re: Wednesday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] He even asked me this morning already if I'd started doing my "lady observations" haha!
    Posted by erin5286[/QUOTE]

Hee Hee. I'm totally calling charting my "lady observations" from now on. Yes!! Totally sounds like something my husband would say, too.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• It's been a bittersweet day for me.  This morning I returned to the eating disorder treatment center where I was a patient three years ago to accompany my MIL to an educational seminar.  (H couldn't get off work, but she said she wanted to go so she could learn more to better support me in recovery--how awesome!)  Seeing the current patients with their baggy clothes and feeding tubes reminded me of how wrenching the re-feeding process is for people who've deprived their bodies of nutrients, but at the same time, the anorexic voice that will likely always be a whisper in my head wanted to be back there, and I struggled to eat a meager lunch.

Tonight I'm having dinner with a friend who's also been diagnosed with PCOS, and we're starting our own mini support group!  She said a rosary every day for 50 days for me back when I was in eating disorder treatment, so I might ask her to pull out her rosary tonight to be my prayer warrior again.
    "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)
  • Caiti and Tami I know exactly what you mean, I am so ready to just be married, enough with the planning and waiting!! Resa our class went great! I wasn't sure what FI would think, but I think he's genuinely interested and on board yay!! I'm glad classes went well for you too :o Nickie I applaud you, it sounds like you are doing great! You must have great will power, I think you're an inspiration. Keep up the great work and you are in my prayers :o
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:4e1826e9-8230-42fd-b220-2a8779035236Post:f2965ca4-6b93-4ee3-8c6c-4c29a93d8c9f">Re: Wednesday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday!! : Hee Hee. I'm totally calling charting my "lady observations" from now on. Yes!! Totally sounds like something my husband would say, too.
    Posted by TeaForMe[/QUOTE]

<div>Ha! I think I too will call them "Lady Observations" It much less icky sounding than mucus. ;)</div><div>
    </div><div>Just started charting last week. I'm doing fine with the temperature, getting nervous about observing other sounds now that my period has ended. I figure I'll try it for the month, if I'm confused I'll go try and find a class somewhere to help me. I'm pretty sure I can do it, it's just going to take time and practice and getting comfortable knowing that much about my body. :p</div><div>
    </div><div>I finally finished my save the dates!! I was putting off addressing them for a while. It took me two evenings, and a trip to the post office this morning. I can now check that off my list.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm so glad it's now Thursday! I'm going to Mass tonight with a group of young adult Catholics I belong to, and then we're going to relax for the evening. Tomorrow is Friday, which means I get to see my Fiance after work. =D</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards