March 2012 Weddings

"Just Married"

So I'm kind of against the whole cutesty just married or Mrs. NewLastName stuff for right after the wedding. I just think I would be too embrassed to walk around the airport in a Bride hoodie or where Bride and Groom hats on the beach etc...(which my grandma did get us). I think I would just feel like weirdo.  Plus I've seen it said before on other boards that like you think you are going to be the only person on their honeymoon in the airport or at your resort? which is totally true. Idk.

I'd like to hear what sort of cutesy cheesy just married/ bride and groom things you are using/wearing after the wedding. Maybe you can convince me to not feel like such a dork :)

Re: "Just Married"

• I am totally with you so unfortunately I won't be doin much convincing!! The only thing I have is the white silky "bride" robe from VS which I got at my shower. Obviously no one will be seeing that but FI, though -- Lol. Who knows, though, maybe bride and groom gear will get you some free stuff!!
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am all about the cheese factor. I don't have anything that says Bride, or Mr. and Mrs.... but if I did, I would use it. You're only going to be a bride once, and your only going to have a wedding once. (Hopefully), so why not go ALL out?? If you are really embarrassed to go out in public, you could always wear the cutesy/silly stuff behind closed doors. When your FI gets out of the shower lay on the bed with your Bride hat on!!!!! LOL.... be creative!

137image Invited to see us "Lucky in Love", at our wedding 3/9/12
    90 image Are ready to party
    47 image Are missing out
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/15 image
  • Oh, I have no shame. I want the bride robe, but obviously my girls and JP would be the only ones to see it. I have a bride shirt to wear the day of the wedding (it matches all the BM tank tops I'm making for my girls). One of my friends got me a little pink tank top that says Mrs.___ and black bootie shorts that say the same thing. Obviously JP will be the only one to see that little outfit. Anyway, any bride or Mrs. __ stuff I get, I'm totally okay with wearing. I'm only a bride once. I wouldn't wear it in public after the HM though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well seeing as our honeymoon is in the snow..... we won't be having all that, and I never had to think about it. lol So I'm not help either
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_just-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:482c4d7b-f1ea-4f9d-9e8d-d545b5862deePost:a775e527-b167-4f07-b925-7571e3995f2c">Re: "Just Married"</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I have no shame. I want the bride robe, but obviously my girls and JP would be the only ones to see it. I have a bride shirt to wear the day of the wedding (it matches all the BM tank tops I'm making for my girls). One of my friends got me a little pink tank top that says Mrs.___ and black bootie shorts that say the same thing. Obviously JP will be the only one to see that little outfit. Anyway, any bride or Mrs. __ stuff I get, I'm totally okay with wearing. I'm only a bride once. I wouldn't wear it in public after the HM though.
    Posted by brittandjp[/QUOTE]

I'm not against it on the wedding day. I mean yes you only get to be a bride once, but I just mean after the wedding in public lol
  • I really like all the "Bride" and Mrs.....stuff too..but I haven't figured out what I want..as for after the wedding and wearing it...I'll always be his "Bride" whether its a day or 10 years after the wedding...so yeah, I would probably wear it again..or pass it down to a friend who is getting married after I do...:)
    March 2012 January Siggy Challenge:Favorite Engagement Pic Photobucket
    341image Invited to our dream wedding!!
    259image Are ready to party
    82image Are missing out
    0image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 3/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_just-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:482c4d7b-f1ea-4f9d-9e8d-d545b5862deePost:433f9585-2a5d-4cd9-ac4b-b7ca250d5993">Re: "Just Married"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "Just Married" : I'm not against it on the wedding day. I mean yes you only get to be a bride once, but I just mean after the wedding in public lol
    Posted by w+c3[/QUOTE]

Oh, no, no. I definitely wouldn't wear any of the bride/Mrs. stuff I get in public after the wedding. I'll only wear it all on the day of the wedding, maybe on the way to Vegas, and on our HM. That's it. :) I will probably wear it at home after the wedding, but never where people will see me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I really, really like those types of things. I want to wear them on our honeymoon (it's a roadtrip), and I want to get them for all of my girls when we go to Los Angeles for my bachelorette party.

I guess I'm a dorko.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    ? BFP #1 "SPECK" - 11/7/2012 ? M/C - 12/8/2012 @ 7W6D ?
    ? BFP #2 "SPAWNER" - 3/2/2013 ? EDD: 11/13/13 ?
    BFP CHART
  • edited January 2012
    Okay I am a dork for sure...look what I just ordered on etsy yesterday!!!

I only got it because we are renting a SUV in Vegas for the wedding and our honeymoon (we have a 5 hour drive to our destination - Mammoth Mountain in California). I won't put it on until we leave Sunday morning but thought it would be cute!

It is personalized with our names and wedding date too...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
  • I would really like to have a hoodie to wear the day of and maybe on the HM. It would be nice to have while on our balcony on the cruise or something. I toying with the idea of a DIY one.
    imageAnniversary
  • I have flip flops that leave "just married" in the sand for the HM, luggage tags-1 says Mr., 1 says Mrs.because I thought it'd help us identify out bags at the airport, and  2 pairs of silk panties- 1 says bride for the wedding and 1 says Mrs. Hill for the HM. I also got FI a pair of silk boxers that have groom on them for the wedding. I bought stuff more for us than for anyone else to see.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_just-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:482c4d7b-f1ea-4f9d-9e8d-d545b5862deePost:f216f097-401a-433c-b3c8-3f9caccb432c">Re: "Just Married"</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay I am a dork for sure...look what I just ordered on etsy yesterday!!! I only got it because we are renting a SUV in Vegas for the wedding and our honeymoon (we have a 5 hour drive to our destination - Mammoth Mountain in California). I won't put it on until we leave Sunday morning but thought it would be cute! It is personalized with our names and wedding date too...
    Posted by lisa&sean[/QUOTE]

Lisa that is totally exempt!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards