Attire & Accessories Forum

How are you bustling you Galina WG3086 from DB

I have purchased this derss from David's Bridal but am not sure how to bustle it, and the alterations woman  is a bit of a pain (sorry that I don't know everything about sewing!!). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to bustle it? Or has anyone wore it and already had it bustled that would have a pic of it bustled? 

November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
Daisypath Wedding tickers
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: How are you bustling you Galina WG3086 from DB

• Hmm...I don't know much about sewing, either, but it doesn't look like that dress would be too difficult to bustle.  Did she tell you what was problematic about your dress?

This site has some photos of dresses bustled in a few different ways:  http://www.leanna.com/Bustle/Bustles.htm

Gorgeous dress, by the way!
    image Final Count: 80 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well she said she doesn't want buttons or strings on my butt! And any of the ways that didn't have buttons or strings made it so you couldn't see any of the pretty detail!
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Doesn't a french bustle pull on the inside?
    Photobucket
  • The way my dress is bustled, there are small loops on the train and satin-covered buttons that the loops attach to.  They're not hidden, but you'd have to be looking pretty hard to actually see them! 

I'm sure you and  your seamstress will be able to work something out, or you could take your dress to another seamstress for a consultation to see if they could come up with a solution.  I've heard that alterations at DB are usually more expensive, but I wonder if their seamstresses would know how to bustle this particular gown since they sell it.  In your case, it might be worth the extra $ to go there.

good luck!

image Final Count: 80 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • id go w/ a french bustle.
    i have a different galina dress from DB and thats the only sort of bustle that didn't look funky
    imageAnniversary
  • I just bought this dress as well and was wondering the same thing! There is no way I'm going to last all night making sure my train dosen't get stepped on. I plan on taking my dress to a family friend that is a seamstress and has made my family's dresses in the past to see what she can do. I'm sure we can alter the dress to have it bustle from the inside of the dress. I think that the decorations on the train would allow for a deceptively hidden bustle (The loops of ribbon). If I have any luck I'll be sure to let you know! Good Luck!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards