Wedding Etiquette Forum

Things you hate but wish you liked.

Mine:

running
onions
cucumbers (but I do love pickles)
cleaning
playing most sports

What about you? I hope I'm not the only one with a list of things I wish I liked but can't force myself to enjoy.
Leo says hi. He's...special.
Married
Planning

Re: Things you hate but wish you liked.

• Sushi. Everyone loves Sushi but me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Vegetables.
    Exercise.
    I feel that if I liked beer, life would be more convenient.
  • Any form of exercisemy chosen career pathFILsChocolate
    Photobucket
  • Running
    Seafood (it's so healthy, but I just can't do it)
    Rollercoasters
    My best friend's boyfriend
  • Spicy foods
    Mustard
    Cleaning (Ironically I like organizing, which I think is totally different)
    Lifting weights
    Reading the same book to my kid for the 20,000,000,000th time
  • Excercise
    Beer
    Cleaning/washing and/or putting laundry away

• ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-hate-but-wish-liked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2e7ac92b-397b-4cec-a8ca-c058c506b06dPost:fa841d93-19e6-40c6-b718-b9ded3785c74">Re: Things you hate but wish you liked.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sushi. <strong>Everyone loves Sushi but me.</strong>
    Posted by kkchisholm[/QUOTE]

And me too.
  • Good one, Jill.

I wish I liked laundry, too.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Wine - I live in the wine region (niagara, in canada) and am literally SURROUNDED by wineries, and I feel like its a huge waste and im missing out.
  • Spicy foods
    Shellfish

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Running
    Beef
    Beer
    Splenda/sucralose
    Generic toilet paper
    Bangs (on me...I love them on other people)

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Exercise
    Sex in the City
    The Office
    planning

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-hate-but-wish-liked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2e7ac92b-397b-4cec-a8ca-c058c506b06dPost:cfb1a083-07f8-4eaf-b138-2b1aaeaab20b">Re: Things you hate but wish you liked.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Vegetables. Exercise.<strong> I feel that if I liked beer, life would be more convenient.</strong>
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

<div>I used to hate beer until I found the right beers for me. Maybe you just haven't found "the one"? </div>
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-hate-but-wish-liked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2e7ac92b-397b-4cec-a8ca-c058c506b06dPost:f1b9bf35-55d7-43f7-b2b0-b1166737064c">Re: Things you hate but wish you liked.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Spicy foods Mustard Cleaning (Ironically I like organizing, which I think is totally different) <strong>Lifting weights</strong> Reading the same book to my kid for the 20,000,000,000th time
    Posted by btrflykate1230[/QUOTE]
    Does... not... compute!! This is ultimately one of my FAVOURITE things in life right now. I will lift extra on your behalf.
  • Oh this is a fun one!

Seafood
    roller coasters
    waking up early
    my upstairs neighbors
    running (I love other kinds of cardio but have to force myself to run!  I can just never get into it for some reason.)
  • oh- running too. I do it.. but I hate it. It is a daily torture.

And fi's sister....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-hate-but-wish-liked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2e7ac92b-397b-4cec-a8ca-c058c506b06dPost:f6c505d8-d942-45cf-bf1e-673812813cc3">Re: Things you hate but wish you liked.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Excercise Beer Cleaning/washing and/or putting laundry away
    Posted by Jill9288[/QUOTE]

<div>I like laundry. I find it very therapeutic-- ditto for ironing.</div>
  • Nebb-- I LOVE wine. I'll drink extra for you and we'll call it even ;)
  • Cats - my DH desperately wants them but I don't.  I'm sure I'll end up losing this battle.
  • I don't mind sorting it, or putting it in the washer or dryer. I just really hate putting it away. Especially Rick's work clothes.
  • Jill, me and you are the same person when it comes to laundry.

Kate, not so much. No matter what beer I try, I hate it. Blegh.
  • Running because I'd be in awesome shape right now

Studying because I'd get straight As without being miserable in the process

Speaking in public because I'd probably be a lot farther ahead in my career by now

Seafood because it looks sooo good in Red Lobster commercials...it just tastes like ass, though
  • Jill- I also just HATE putting it away. I will do all of the other chores, but that one I ask FI to do.

Exercise and eating healthy
    Social Networking
    Wedding Planning
  • Starbucks.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Beer
    Running
    Steak
    Fish
    Grocery shopping
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-hate-but-wish-liked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2e7ac92b-397b-4cec-a8ca-c058c506b06dPost:05bd36a6-a749-4907-a868-e56cd1549752">Re: Things you hate but wish you liked.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jill, me and you are the same person when it comes to laundry. Kate, not so much. No matter what beer I try, I hate it. Blegh.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

<div>Damn, that sucks. It would be convenient!</div>
  • Oooh I'm going to ditto wine and sushi. I would feel much cooler if I liked those.

I really enjoy some other forms of exercise, but running is literally one of my least favorite activities on the planet. So many people love it, and I'm really jealous of that. My favorite forms of exercise (yoga, walking, and other slow moving things) have little or no cardio value. I'm pretty sure the only time you will see me running quickly will be if a serial killer is chasing me.
    Married
    Planning
  • sarabellamsarabellam member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2010
    Exercise - for the last year, it just hurts so fucking much. Goddamn arthritis
    movies - I miss a shitton of cultural references, but I just can't sit down and watch a movie that often. It feels too indulgent and slothful
    cleaning

ETA - staying up late; my husband is a DEFINITE night owl, and I can't make it past 9:30 most nights. Guess that comes with having to get up at 5:45 every morning
  • Ooh good one brie! I really really wish I liked coffee of any kind. Even if I liked it, my stomach does not, but there are so many days that I really just wish I could OD on caffeine.
    Married
    Planning
  • PsyDet - I HATE grocery shopping too.  I really just want to do PeaPod, FI tells me I am lazy - he is correct.  I also have to go when I am starving, or I will come home with 2 things.  
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards