Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Take my registry off my website?

2»

Re: Take my registry off my website?

• Options
    OP, I've got news for you.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM open to people all across the interwebzzz.

Not everyone is going to be nice and holding hands.

We're honest here. If you're the type of bride that wants us to pat you on the head and tell you that we think honeycomb-heart centerpieces are DIVINE, then darling, you've come to the wrong place.

When asking for an opinion, you're opening yourself up to nice ones and mean ones.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_registry-off-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9f7748ee-b702-44af-8ec9-d353e7298c0dPost:e8bae969-7bbe-4244-a129-0b719d3ded3b">Re: Take my registry off my website?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I know it was probably rude to ask for only kind responses, but that was my way of telling<strong> "those ladies" </strong>that they need not reply to my post.
    Posted by ashleypastori[/QUOTE]

This made me laugh.  I'm just picturing some sort of scarlet letter, Salem witch trial situation.
  • Options
    I hate Gatsby. He wasn't great. How are they having a whole class on that one very short novel? It is a Fitzgerald class?
  • Options
    Well, I'm so sorry if I've offended anyone.  That certainly was not my intention.  Goodnight.
    Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options
    I have my registry info on my website, which is printed on the direction card of my invitation. I hope no one dies of a ticketytack attack.
  • Options
    I think having the wedding website, with general info about the wedding, on an insert in the invitations is absolutely acceptable, and generally helpful for OOT guests.  (I'm confused by the two posts above saying this is not ok.)

Having the registry on it is not really necessary, and NMS.  If it's fairly hidden and not advertised, it's not too awful. 

Having registry information in any form directly in the invitations is NOT ok. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards