Nebraska-Omaha

Travel Leaders...two thumbs up!

With the talks about enchanted not being that great I thought I would give a review of travel leaders...I had a friend tell me to go there but wanted to check around first...well I checked around with 4 different agencies and they had the best price for what we wanted...a 6 day 7 night mexican riviera cruise, airfare included, trip insurance and any taxes or fees...oh and with balcony.Enchanted quoted us 2915.74 Travel leaders quoted us about a thousand less...no kidding!

One thing I also liked about travel leaders is we are doing a honeymoon registry..they have nice pretty little cards about the size of a business card you can send out with your shower invites or however you want to mail them. They say honeymoon registry and this couple is registered at Travel leaders...has a bridal bouquet in the background. So they are not cheap and do not cheapen your invites.

Enchanted was offering us a piece of paper you tear off a notepad that said honeymoon registry on it...not quite as nice..2 of the other places didnt have anything nice to include either.

Also travel leaders sends these postcard like cards to your contributors for them to put in an envelope to let you know they contributed..they can give these to you at the wedding or mail them to you in place of a card or in addition to.

I took my kids with me to all the places since I am a busy mom and the most accomodating and understanding of a toddler and roudy 6yo was travel leaders..they had a nice big box of toys, brought them a snack and drinks..was super nice.

2 of the other places I checked with didnt have as much to offer and took awhile to get back to me and I dont like chasing vendors..they should be chasing me! lol..Enchanted we had an appt and still waited 15 min..Celebrate travel we were seen on time and Travel leaders we were seen on time as well...Cant remember the third place we went to.

The only bad thing I have to say about travel leaders is the parking isnt great or easy to get into because it is right next to a tax place and as you can guess they are busy this time around...but then 1 out of the other 3 places they didnt have great parking either.

I do know prices can vary from vaction to vacation..I know that travel leaders might not be the cheapest all of the time..but they were so easy to deal with..so very educated and offered trip insurance and everything..told me the most about our trip we wanted to take...many of the other places were sort of vague because we said we were looking around. I make sure to tell people so we were not pressured that we were shopping around and they didnt seem to care and didnt offer us as much info. Enough rambling though I give them two thumbs up and ask for Pam Young..she is just so nice and sweet..so easy to deal with! =0) FYI I do think most places try to price match. Most I spoke to said if you find a better price..but I believe if the place has a great feel, good customer service why go to another place and bring the cheaper price..why not just give it to the better place to begin with?

Re: Travel Leaders...two thumbs up!

• edited December 2011
    With the talks about enchanted not being that great I thought I would give a review of travel leaders...I had a friend tell me to go there but wanted to check around first...well I checked around with 4 different agencies and they had the best price for what we wanted...a 6 day 7 night mexican riviera cruise, airfare included, trip insurance and any taxes or fees...oh and with balcony.Enchanted quoted us 2915.74 Travel leaders quoted us about a thousand less...no kidding!

One thing I also liked about travel leaders is we are doing a honeymoon registry..they have nice pretty little cards about the size of a business card you can send out with your shower invites or however you want to mail them. They say honeymoon registry and this couple is registered at Travel leaders...has a bridal bouquet in the background. So they are not cheap and do not cheapen your invites.

Enchanted was offering us a piece of paper you tear off a notepad that said honeymoon registry on it...not quite as nice..2 of the other places didnt have anything nice to include either.

Also travel leaders sends these postcard like cards to your contributors for them to put in an envelope to let you know they contributed..they can give these to you at the wedding or mail them to you in place of a card or in addition to.

I took my kids with me to all the places since I am a busy mom and the most accomodating and understanding of a toddler and roudy 6yo was travel leaders..they had a nice big box of toys, brought them a snack and drinks..was super nice.

2 of the other places I checked with didnt have as much to offer and took awhile to get back to me and I dont like chasing vendors..they should be chasing me! lol..Enchanted we had an appt and still waited 15 min..Celebrate travel we were seen on time and Travel leaders we were seen on time as well...Cant remember the third place we went to.

The only bad thing I have to say about travel leaders is the parking isnt great or easy to get into because it is right next to a tax place and as you can guess they are busy this time around...but then 1 out of the other 3 places they didnt have great parking either.

I do know prices can vary from vaction to vacation..I know that travel leaders might not be the cheapest all of the time..but they were so easy to deal with..so very educated and offered trip insurance and everything..told me the most about our trip we wanted to take...many of the other places were sort of vague because we said we were looking around. I make sure to tell people so we were not pressured that we were shopping around and they didnt seem to care and didnt offer us as much info. Enough rambling though I give them two thumbs up and ask for Pam Young..she is just so nice and sweet..so easy to deal with! =0) FYI I do think most places try to price match. Most I spoke to said if you find a better price..but I believe if the place has a great feel, good customer service why go to another place and bring the cheaper price..why not just give it to the better place to begin with?
  • edited December 2011
    so true they are not always the way to go...I had an aunt who used to be a travel agent and she told me certain things agencies can get insider pricing on that would be cheaper then online and sometimes not cheaper...bottom line is to do your research for sure! I am a bargain shopper and shop around for EVERTHING...lol...cant help it! I will add when I went to these places I had pulled print outs from the cruise line and from the websites that offer discount travel too...come in prepared to back up what you see online if you would rather deal with a person.

Also online sometimes looks cheaper but after paying all the taxes, online site fees and things of that nature they may not be as cheap..and make sure your quotes from the agencies include everything..some try to give you a quote without all that which can quickly add up..with a cruise you have transfers, taxes, surcharges and other things. So much...why dont they make it easier and just cut through all that stuff and say this is the price everything included. Just do the research ladies..a little work can go a long way when saving money and cutting corners 
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_travel-leaderstwo-thumbs-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:79Discussion:124df125-cdb4-4917-991c-88d5a4b4964bPost:9018d4af-6bea-4eb3-9ffa-8a55808c9978">Travel Leaders...two thumbs up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]One thing I also liked about travel leaders is we are doing a honeymoon registry..they have nice pretty little cards about the size of a business card you can send out with your shower invites or however you want to mail them. They say honeymoon registry and this couple is registered at Travel leaders...has a bridal bouquet in the background. So they are not cheap and do not cheapen your invites.
    Posted by Scorpiogrrrrl[/QUOTE]

Please do not do a honeymoon registry.  You should not be asking your guests to pay for your vacation.  Any mention of any honeymoon registry is going to cheapen your invites.  If you are going to do it anyway, at least register at traditional stores so your guests have the option of not doing the honeymoon registry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • edited December 2011

Not that I feel I need to explain my reasoning behind why I decided to do what I am doing but I will anyhow to entertain you...lol...I am a mom of two getting married with kids. I moved in with my fiance who has an established home we combined our household goods. We are not young 20 somethings...We have all that we need,  furniture, appliances, art work computers, cameras bedding, etc..We dont need like 4 sets of china sitting around collecting dust or anything....really there is nothing else that we need. 

With that said we opted to do a honeymoon registry because we thought it might be nice to have a nice romantic honeymoon with JUST the two of us. We wanted our family to be able to help participate in something we will definately remember and love much better then the unused fondu pot collecting cobwebs. ALL of our family and friends that contribute are getting thank you postcards from mexico and other tokens of our appreciation. We are making it a very interactive honeymoon sending out email updates while we are on vacation.

Now dating with two kids as a single mom is a very hard thing to do something that ONLY another single parent could understand...in 2 years we have had maybe 3 times an overnight trip that we have ever been completely alone. All of our family friends know about the registry and think its a great idea

I do not think it will cheapen the invites..I think today is a VERY forgiving time. There are MANY unconventional, and non traditional wedding and I feel its up to each couple what works best for them and I dont believe its anybodys place to say what does or does not work.  I am sure to our ancestors long ago they would be appauled and think registering for gifts is a very bad and tacky thing to do since people did not do that then. You got what you got and were thankful for it. In todays times we are very fortunate to have choices on who we want to marry, how we want to marry, where we want to marry WHAT we want to register for ...etc. All of these choicses are ours to make and nobody elses. FYI not that I am supposed to mention anything bridal career related but I did take a wedding ettiquette course and am well aware of what proper wedding ettiquette is. But thank you for the suggestion! =0)

• edited December 2011
    WOW! I have hard Hawaii is more expensive with many things...I have a friend who used to be stationed there some yrs back and she said milk was like 6 a gallon or something..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards