August 2012 Weddings

Getting married 1st week of August

Our wedding is on August 5th and I am feeling pretty relaxed. How are you girls feeling? When did your stress kick in? Or what set it off? :)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Getting married 1st week of August

• August 4th- I'm just so excited I can't sleep at night. I've never been SO excited for anything!!!
  • Congrats!

Whenever I discuss the specifics of the wedding weekend my heart flutters. I'm so excited to have all of those people come to town for this celebration!
  • I was relaxed until this week- we had major things to book yet, like the honeymoon and rehearsal dinner. I booked the honeymoon last night so that's done, but we are moving this week (the furniture on Saturday), and my bridal shower is also Saturday. My aunt who is doing my makeup is in town from OK, so we still need to plan a trial before she leaves, which will be on my birthday which happens to be on Sunday. Which means that my family will be having a birthday dinner for me on Sunday, the day after we move and get the shower gifts, when I would rather be unpacking and grocery shopping. Of course there's work thrown in between somewhere this week, and an eye doctor's appt, oral surgery follow up and dermatology appt.

I apologize for hijacking this thread with a vent. I really needed it. Yesterday I mentioned that I'm over due for an oil change and my dad and uncle were all like "you have time, just get up earlier." Ugh, like there's nothing else on my mind and schedule! I also need to find time before Saturday to make my shower hosts' thank-you gifts (I'm baking). Gahhhh!!!!! I hope you ladies are doing better than I am!!
  • Hey girls, I'm getting married Aug. 3 and I'm so excited I can barely stand it! I am having crazy dreams now though lol. Last night I dreamed it was the wedding day and I forgot to pick up my dress, FI forgot his tux, and neither of us picked up the wedding bands from the jeweler. I called my MOH and she said she had a dream that she forgot to bring food to the shower.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm an August 25 bride and the stress comes and goes. Some days I feel like I have a ton of stuff to do and absolutely no time...and other days I feel like I've got everything under control and the wedding is far away. I am starting to realize that 2 1/2 months isn't that long at all and I still have a bunch of little stuff to do...and a lot of weight to lose!!! I spent my day off making checks on my wedding list...now it's time to get off my butt and work towards looking good on the big day!
  • I'm August 3rd.  The stress comes and goes.  The next few weeks are crazy busy with work travel for me which means having to get a lot of stuff done now or wait until later.  

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_getting-married-1st-week-of-august?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:73f4be6a-49a0-43e7-881b-3233a068a0f7Post:37c22d53-6c7e-40bc-8f96-cd8964cc1e39">Re: Getting married 1st week of August</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was relaxed until this week- we had major things to book yet, like the honeymoon and rehearsal dinner. I booked the honeymoon last night so that's done, but we are moving this week (the furniture on Saturday), and my bridal shower is also Saturday. My aunt who is doing my makeup is in town from OK, so we still need to plan a trial before she leaves, which will be on my birthday which happens to be on Sunday. Which means that my family will be having a birthday dinner for me on Sunday, the day after we move and get the shower gifts, when I would rather be unpacking and grocery shopping. Of course there's work thrown in between somewhere this week, and an eye doctor's appt, oral surgery follow up and dermatology appt. I apologize for hijacking this thread with a vent. I really needed it. Yesterday I mentioned that I'm over due for an oil change and my dad and uncle were all like "you have time, just get up earlier." Ugh, like there's nothing else on my mind and schedule! I also need to find time before Saturday to make my shower hosts' thank-you gifts (I'm baking). Gahhhh!!!!! I hope you ladies are doing better than I am!!
    Posted by bridejl[/QUOTE]

lol dont worry, you didnt hijack the thread...on the other hand, when dealing with a lot of things on a very short period of time what helps me relax is to have everything neatly written on a planner or scheduled on my phone that way I can actually see that things can get done in the time i have available. If you find that it doesnt fit, thats your cue to ask for help from bridesmaids and family. Im sure they would be glad to help :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_getting-married-1st-week-of-august?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:73f4be6a-49a0-43e7-881b-3233a068a0f7Post:2a45ff69-1977-4c9e-a00e-035098570748">Re: Getting married 1st week of August</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey girls, I'm getting married Aug. 3 and I'm so excited I can barely stand it! I am having crazy dreams now though lol. Last night I dreamed it was the wedding day and I forgot to pick up my dress, FI forgot his tux, and neither of us picked up the wedding bands from the jeweler. I called my MOH and she said she had a dream that she forgot to bring food to the shower.
    Posted by VNEluvsAJB[/QUOTE]

Oh! Ive had my share of those kind of dreams lol, They started last week. In one of them my mom popped in the dream and asked if i was ready, and i asked ready for what, she said my wedding was in 10 minutes hahahaha! I wasnt ready at all!! I didnt even pick up my veil or dress. And heres an even funnier part: I didnt send out invitations either!!! hahaha :) Hope I made some of you laugh :)
  • AUG 4TH here, and the stress also comes and goes.  I get freaked out when I talk to the family helping me plan because they are so nonchalant about it and Im like do you realize you have to sew 15 more table runners, or, frost 15 and decorate 15 more vases...etc in a month?  and then I just sigh and look at my FI, who is constantly telling me that as long as he and I get married, it will the the best day of his life, regardless of what necklace his daughter is wearing or what the table looks like.  I love him.  He is my rock.
  • I seem constantly to fluctuate between panic and excitement. The thing that is bugging me the most is how everyone keeps telling me to stop stressing and panicking. So many people keeps saying to me "but your so organized and in control!". I wish I felt it more often. My FI is amazing thought. He knows to just hug and cuddle me exactly when I need it. All the big stuff is booked, it's just all the details to hash out now!
    Soon to be The B Squared Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • August 8th here and I alternate between being extremely excited and extremely worried about the final details, lol. We just reached the 2 month mark where we can go get our marriage certificate and that was another flutter of happy butterflies when I realized that!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards