Wisconsin

Bridesmaid Dresses

HI Can you ladies give me your suggestions on what company to go with for bridesmaid dresses?
Who did you use?

TIA

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses

• edited December 2011
    We picked up Dessy bridesmaids dresses (style 2015 in black, to be exact) and we ordered them through Brandi's Bridal in New Glarus.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We used Bari Jay Bridesmaids- picked a length, color, and fabrics and let the ladies choose their style.
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine from Nordstroms!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Mine are DaVinci.  Most bridal shops carry this brand.  I have a picture of the dress in my profile.

Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My girls chose Alfred Angelo dresses. They're in most bridal stores too.
  • edited December 2011
    Mine will be Bill Levkoff.  We're taking off the straps and ordering fabric from DaVinci to make a sash since BL didn't have the color I wanted.  The owner is even throwing in the bustling on the dresses for free!  If you can't find a specific dress you like I would suggest finding a bridal shop that's willing to work with your vision!  Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    We did Mori Lee (from Amelisham's in Hubertus).

Bridesmaid dresses were the hardest part of planning for me.  My vote is pick a color, and find a designer who has it (easy for red-reds... can be more difficult in shades of pink, green, and specific blues).  And, hit the stores to see what's available.  I picked everything I said I wouldn't (strapless, floor-length and all one style).  Sometimes you don't know until you see them!

I loved both Miss Ruby (downtown Milwaukee) and Bella Bridesmaids (3rd ward).  Great customer service... very knowledgable... good selections.  But... I picked a tough color and couldn't find the right shade here (although I did buy a "bridesmaid" dress from Bella to wear to the rehearsal dinner)

Amelisham's is a bit more difficult.  Its a zoo... but they have a lot of dresses.  The tags are cut out... so you need to do a bit of research to find who actually makes the dresses.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Mine are butter by nadia.  She has a website, and its one dress that is one size fits all size 0-14 that can be altered and changed into multiple different styles.
  • edited December 2011
    Agree with Dessy. A lot of slection on their website. Alfred Angelo has some great dresses too! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Alyssa0421Alyssa0421 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got them in, they are Bill Levkoff dresses ordered through Netbride.com. My bridesmaids tried on dresses at several different shops and then I ordered them through Netbride once we decided on a style and color. Netbride is run through a bridal shop in downtown Minneapolis that has been around forever - you get a better price and they have great service!
  • edited December 2011
    Mine are J. Crew.  I didn't want anything that looked like a bridesmaid dress - no satin, no strapless, no beading, etc.  I got them on sale for $75 and they are gorgeous and can definitely be worn again.  I got the same dress in a different color for my shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards