Wedding Reception Forum

Mother-son dance song when the mother is the bride....

My son is 10 He will be 12 when i get married, all of the songs I have been seeing are the son is getting married(not happening for him for a long time). Any ideas??

Re: Mother-son dance song when the mother is the bride....

• The Rainbow Connection?
    even better if you get the Kermit the Frog version
  • I also forgot to add his father passed away when he was 3 and I want him to feel special
  • This is something I wondered about too. My son will also be 12.  I have a 7yr old as well. Their dad died when they were 5 and 2. I want them included but I don't know how it would work and if I should dance with each son to a different song??

The one I was thinking about for my older son is, Have I told you lately that I love you ( Rob Stewart )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My son will be 13 when I get married and I am having him walk me down the aisle. I have been thinking about "Drops of Jupiter" by Train or "I knew I loved you" by Savage Garden. The one by Savage Garden I love the most because the words remind me of when I was pregnant with him. It's a real sweet song. Hope that helps:)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_mother-son-dance-song-when-the-mother-is-the-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:bdad6c76-2695-442a-874b-199e3f1327a8Post:895dfd0b-579b-4ac2-bd06-3063509bcd79">Re: Mother-son dance song when the mother is the bride....</a>:
    [QUOTE]My son will be 13 when I get married and I am having him walk me down the aisle. I have been thinking about "Drops of Jupiter" by Train or "I knew I loved you" by Savage Garden. The one by Savage Garden I love the most because the words remind me of when I was pregnant with him. It's a real sweet song. Hope that helps:)
    Posted by Tdaley2[/QUOTE]

How about "I'll stand by you" by the Pretenders? the song bascially says no matter what happens I'll always be there for you
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_mother-son-dance-song-when-the-mother-is-the-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:bdad6c76-2695-442a-874b-199e3f1327a8Post:5fce6760-acb3-4aee-ad58-fd8218fc48fb">Re: Mother-son dance song when the mother is the bride....</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is something I wondered about too. My son will also be 12.  I have a 7yr old as well. Their dad died when they were 5 and 2. I want them included but I don't know how it would work and if I should dance with each son to a different song?? The one I was thinking about for my older son is, Have I told you lately that I love you ( Rob Stewart )
    Posted by KJeffs[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>My boys were 3 yo and 2 months old when their father died. My youngest and I are dancing to "I Love You This Big" by Scotty McCreery because since he was little weve done this special thing that is part of the song. my oldest on the other hand weve never had a "song". My friend just mentioned "He Gets That From Me" by Reba McEntire. it fits us so well I cried.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_mother-son-dance-song-when-the-mother-is-the-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:bdad6c76-2695-442a-874b-199e3f1327a8Post:5fce6760-acb3-4aee-ad58-fd8218fc48fb">Re: Mother-son dance song when the mother is the bride....</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is something I wondered about too. My son will also be 12.  I have a 7yr old as well. Their dad died when they were 5 and 2. I want them included but I don't know how it would work and if I should dance with each son to a different song?? The one I was thinking about for my older son is, Have I told you lately that I love you ( Rob Stewart )
    Posted by KJeffs[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>My sons are giving me away but my Brother is walking me down the isle cuz Im wearing heels and if i stumble he cant catch me.</div>
  • There is a song I have loved forever, but couldn't dance to it with my son, because I also have a daughter, and they were NOT going to dance in a 3-way, LOL. It always gives me chills.

It's by Carly Simon, written for her son, called "Love of my Life"........really for a mom & child. Not sure if it would be awkward to play at a wedding to dance with your child when you just got married.

Link here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJAD9ptfgYs
  • I have nothing to add other than I think this is so sweet.  I would get all choked up watching your dances with your sons.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • mhall88mhall88 member
    First Comment
    My fiance and I are going to dance with our son to I knew I loved you. But he's going to dance with his mother to a different song.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards