African American Weddings

Music Suggestions-Recpetion?

Hello Ladies,
I'm new to the boards but I'm trying to find and configure a dance/wedding list for the reception. I want it to fun and funky. What are you guys having played at your reception?
I'm into R and B new and old
Old School etc.

Re: Music Suggestions-Recpetion?

• edited December 2011
    Definitely some Michael Jackson, 90's R&B, just play whatever you like and usually listen to. HTH :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Go to your Pandora and type in Montell Jordan "This is how we do it".  LOL That is my theme song for the reception.  I want some fun and up beat music going cause I am going to PAR-TAY the night away.  My dad is a pro-DJ who insisted on doing my wedding so I know the music will be on point.  Here are some more suggestions.  I will ask my Dad if he has a play list.  

New Edition - NE heartbreak.
    Justin Timberlake- Bringing sexy back
    Missy- Elliott Work it
    Earth Wind and Fire- Let's groove
    Marvin Gaye -Got to give it up.  (Listened to this today was jammin at my desk)
    Q-Tip- Vibrant thing
    Maze- Before I let go.
    Cha Cha Slide, Electric slide, and the cupid shuffle. LOL 

Once I get home I will add some more.  For me it will be a mix of new and old.  I will have more of the old R&B at the beginning of the reception because the older generations will be there.  I know they will leave early since my reception is at night.  Once they leave I will have some rap, neo soul mixed in.  I have made it clear that everything needs to be the "clean" version.  HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards