African American Weddings

All Festivities Cancelled

Except for our wedding.  I am not going to have a bridal shower.  No pre-wedding party.  If I don't lose too much money I will probably cancel the wedding and the reception and put that money toward getting married on our cruise by ourselves.  I hate when I have to deal with drama and my plans don't go right.  I am just tired of it all.  I am going to talk to the venue on Thursday.  My FI said he will buy me some of the things off of my gift registry.  It's unfortunate because I already sent the invitations out on Saturday.  I am so frustrated. 

P.S. I am not really a chronic complainer. 
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: All Festivities Cancelled

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DON'T SCARE US WITH THAT TITLE!!! {Wipes sweat from forehead!}

Don't stress. Keep your sanity!
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As long as you are marrying the man God sent you, that is all that matters. There is no shame in what you are doing. You arn't the first and you wont be the last. Hang in there.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_everything-cancelled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:06218592-4566-4b2a-81a1-3c6755735122Post:e5607bc2-6e50-4b97-9a18-472b2edc49f8">Re: Everything is Cancelled</a>:
    [QUOTE]DON'T SCARE US WITH THAT TITLE!!! {Wipes sweat from forehead!} Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

THIS!!  Jeez...  my stomach flipped 3 times...

Anyway, the most important thing is your happiness.  You're about to marry your soulmate, which is a very rare and beautiful thing and should not be a source of any stress.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I married my soulmate on 10-3-10 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't feel bad, I'm not having:
    - an engagement party
    - a bridal shower
    - a bachelorette party

This was my decision based on the fact that my friends are literally all over the country and I didn't want to keep asking them to fly in for different events.  Plus I don't want them spending their money on that stuff.  It will be fine, I know it seems like a big deal right now, but like Desi said the most important thing is you will be marrying the man for you. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    You are so right girls.  He has been awesome through all this drama.  My mother keeps calling him since I am not talking to her.  He told me don't worry about anything.  I am very grateful that he is my soulmate.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_everything-cancelled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:06218592-4566-4b2a-81a1-3c6755735122Post:e5607bc2-6e50-4b97-9a18-472b2edc49f8">Re: Everything is Cancelled</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>DON'T SCARE US WITH THAT TITLE!!! </strong>{Wipes sweat from forehead!} Don't stress. Keep your sanity!
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

Yea I was like NOT ANOTHER ONE!

(P.S. Thanks for changing the title)
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking the same thing not another one. So sorry that you have to cancel these events but you are still ending up with the ultimate prize your hubby and you sanity.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_everything-cancelled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:06218592-4566-4b2a-81a1-3c6755735122Post:f65edeca-0314-4e55-bfba-0276f3b54c73">Re: All Festivities Cancelled</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't feel bad, I'm not having: - an engagement party - a bridal shower - a bachelorette party This was my decision based on the fact that my friends are literally all over the country and I didn't want to keep asking them to fly in for different events.  Plus I don't want them spending their money on that stuff.  It will be fine, I know it seems like a big deal right now, but like Desi said the most important thing is you will be marrying the man for you. 
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I am doing (I'm not even having BM's) and exactly how I feel...

Oh yeah and don't scare us like that again! LOL
  • JustMe4EJustMe4E member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just as pp states, the most important thing is your happiness.  Stay encouraged my sister.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    yes please don't make my blood pressure rise lol. I was sitting over here like OMGEEzy I have 9 months to go....**biting finger nails** what the heck will happen in between now and then sheesh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i got scared too for a minute!  do whatever yall want, as long as you marry the man you want :)
  • lca315girllca315girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_everything-cancelled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:06218592-4566-4b2a-81a1-3c6755735122Post:e5607bc2-6e50-4b97-9a18-472b2edc49f8">Re: Everything is Cancelled</a>:
    [QUOTE]DON'T SCARE US WITH THAT TITLE!!! {Wipes sweat from forehead!}
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

THIS! At the end of the day as long as you are married, it doesn't matter if you have an extravagant wedding or something low key. Do what is right for you and your man.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry about all the drama. But yay for your FI being so supportive.

Between finances and drama, we also cancelled everything. We're running off to Vegas one day for a mini vacation and getting married.
    11.13.2010 = BEST DAY EVER!!!
    Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, I am just glad the wedding is not off!!!  Again, like pps said, it is important that you and FI are happy as you celebrate becoming one in God's sight!!  I say "kudos" to you both for your strength!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards