Ohio-Cleveland

Sandusky, Oh anyone?

Anyone getting married/been married in Sandusky,Oh.  My reception is at Sandusky Yacht Club and we are in desperate need for a rehersal dinner place.  The place I had my heart set on is booked for the night.  Come to find out most other places won't rent out a room on a Friday night (even though it's October).  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!  Preferablly places you/some you know has atleast tasted the food! 

Thanks!

Re: Sandusky, Oh anyone?

• edited December 2011
    Ive heard Veggie U is fantastic.  Have never been there, but have heard awesome things about it...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what kind of atmosphere you have in mind, but Margaritaville would be a fun place for a more casual dinner. Not sure if they have a party room, but I'm pretty sure they still have 2 locations. Might be worth checking to see if either one could accommodate your group. How many guests do you plan on inviting?

In Vermilion (not too far from Sandusky), Chez Francois is AWESOME. The food, service and atmosphere are top notch. Not cheap, but if you're looking for elegant, this would be The Place.

I've also heard great things about Veggie U but have not been. They get lots of good press in the foodie circles of Cleveland.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Becca/BrianBecca/Brian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were originally hoping for Danny Boy's but it's booked for the night.  Thanks for the suggestions!  I've never even heard of Veggie U so I'll have to check it out.  Thanks again!
  • edited December 2011
    I just got married at Sandusky Yacht club on June 19th. We had our rehearsal dinner and room block at Sawmill Creek Resort in Huron, Ohio. It's about 15 minutes from the yacht club.  The resort has a great atmosphere and the food was wonderful. Hope this helps.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards