Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

I'm Back!

Hey Ladies
I am back from my week away. Although it wasn't competely wedding free it was nice to take a break, step back and work on other things (like christmas presents).

Checks that happened over the wknd
-- David and his groomsmen picked out their tuxes : http://tiny.cc/xavoy
I must be honest, that I am a little nervous that the tuxes are going to clash with my dress. I have only seen white tuxes on the groom not the GM. But David liked them and so did the guys and I told him its completely up to him.

-- We also got the booklet to start picking out our ceremony readings (haven't started yet) but having the book is a start.

-- Had our first meeting with our Priest which went really well- took a 159 question marriage prep test. (we will go over the results over Xmas to see the areas we conflict on and need to talk about more).

-- We also picked out a new engagement ring for me which I'm really excited about

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving break!! :)

Re: I'm Back!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    New engagement ring? Any reason? Did you keep your same center stone? I'm curious! Fill me in please :)

and welcome back!  I've seen white tuxes before and I think it looks elegant.  What are the BMs wearing?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Steph - New ring because I have never loved the one he gave me. (He finally got it out of me 10 mos after he proposed)  He knew the ring I liked but went another route because a band was really important to him and he didn't know they made curved bands.

My new Ring :
    http://tiny.cc/9qndz

Here is what the girls will be wearing :

Minus the Sash. (We ordered the Sash in the same color as the dress and will use them on the flowers)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    bling bling. It's gorgeous! 

Love the dresses too; how fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Steph. The fit is very flattering on all the girls but not all are crazy about the bold color. But thats me haha, not to mention they were cheap and they only have to wear them for a day. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where did you find a booklet with a bunch of different readings for the ceremony? I've been looking around the internet and have found a few... Just wondering what you have. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kayla,

I'm not Shan, obviously. But our officiant has an amazing website with a huge ceremony library. He doesn't have a ton of readings, but if you're looking for vow exchange or ring or anything like that, check it out.  Otherwise just google "wedding readings" or "ceremony readings" and you'll get tons of recommendations too!

Our judge's website:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got ours from our Priest. Its Together for Life - by James M. Champlin its based on a Catholic Service.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    shan I love that ring! I was hoping for something a little non-traditional style wise, with the curves like yours, but FI really hated all the ones I showed him lol I love my ring but it wasn't what we were initially looking at.. silly boys
  • Options
    drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful ring! Yeah mine didnt come with a band either and I wasnt even going to get one until we saw the curved bands and I love how it looks. Here is a pic:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Danielle I didn't even want a band but FI said it was really important to him to give me something on our wedding day-- I said he could just give me the e ring but he wanted to add the band. The band isn't a perfect match but close that we could find at Shane Co.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards