California-Inland Empire

wedding workout

soooo

just the good ole engagement photos back and wow... I need to tighten and tone a bit.

so what was all your weight loss helps, hints, secrets?

I am not a fan of some random pill your drink or mystery soup you eat, I am more into good ole diet and exercise. Any words of wisdom?

Re: wedding workout

• edited December 2011
    I feel ya!  I saw a pic of myself and right after that I decided I was done being overweight so I started working out daily.  So far it's been 3 weeks and things are looking good.

Before the wedding I did a bootcamp class for 6 weeks.  It kicked my butt! 
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I recently lost 35 lbs and I did it the good old fashioned way, eating good and working out.  I hit the gym 5-6 days a week and really watched what I ate.  I counted calories and would usually eat anywhere from 1400-1700 calories a day.  I also would eat every 3-4 hours.  It actually wasnt that hard and one the pounds started falling off it was pretty easy to stick with.  And I always ate junk food 2 nights a week to keep myself sane =).  Im still trying to drop the last 15 lbs so Im with ya on the struggle!   
  • edited December 2011
    thanks guys, I think it is a permanent thing that women struggle with and well I will let you know how it goes. )
  • edited December 2011
    I say do cardio for at least 30mins a day no less than 5 times a week.  Add in weights every other day to keep toned.  This is to start.  Up your cardio eventually.

OK, so weights I hate and I haven't done any of that but I will start today.  When I used to lift weights I toned up pretty quickly and dropped punds with cardio 3-4 times a week for 1 hour a day. 
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Weights really helped me tone my arms and my back. My dress was pretty low in the back and that was a concern of mine so I used 5 lb weights in combination with an exercise ball . I always try and get cardio in. Not just for the wedding but in general you should have at least 30 minutes of cardio a day for a healthy body
  • edited December 2011

I forgot to mention that my dress was a little bit tighter than the one I tried on in the store (I have no clue why because they were the same size) so I had to drop a couple of lbs just so I could sit down in the thing

• edited December 2011
    The sample dresses are so stretched out because off all the people trying them on and stuff.  My friend worked in a bridal store and she said it was amazing how stretched out a dress could get just from people trying them on.  Sometimes up to a whole size!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards