South Carolina
Options

Cozy Restaurant Reception

I'm looking for a Greenville, SC area restaurant reception venue. 

Ideally, I'd love something halfway between an super modern venue (also, no hotel banquet rooms ) and a barn/farm/rural setting (I currently live in rural PA).  I'm looking for a nice, yet cozy (with a fun and un-stuffy atmosphere) setting. 

I expect ~50 guests at most.  I don't want a 5-course meal, but I also don't want paper napkins at the tables. 

Any ideas?

I'd love something with a southern flair, as most of my guests will travel from the North to be at the wedding. 

I need the restaurant to allow a DJ or band and to have GOOD QUALITY food. 

Thanks for your ideas!!

Re: Cozy Restaurant Reception

• Options
    I don't know if they have a room but smoke on the water sounds like what you are looking for, also brick street cafe is a good choice
  • Options
    lucyi77lucyi77 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Brick street cafe is a charming venue esp for about 50 ppl, they have a downstairs private area they rent....if its more than 80 ppl they offer you the whole restaurant for a nominal fee.... food's good and desserts are excellent. Hope this helps...congrats on your wedding!
  • Options
    Definitely look into High Cotton. I wouldn't say that it's "rustic" but it's definitely Southern, and it's affordable (considering what you get) with great food. If you want something even more casual, you could consider a Sunday brunch. That's what we're doing.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    If you're feeling adventurous, look up Saskatoon :)  I'm not sure how many they seat, and it may not be Southern fare, but it'd be a meal your guests would never forget :)  I went there a few months ago with some reservations, but it was AMAZING :)  I tried boar, pheasant, kangaroo, and gator tail all in one sitting, and even with my sensitive stomach, had ZERO ill side effects :)  They have a menu on their website, but often have specials that aren't listed on there :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

The Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown has an outdoor space that makes a very romantic tent wedding… Check some pics at their webpage: http://www.marriottcourtardgreenville.com/. We went to an event there that was beautiful. We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville RiverPlace Downtown (http://www.hamptoninnandsuitesgreenville.com/) and it was great. It was walking distance from the reception and by the river.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards