Missouri-Kansas City

Re: First Dance

• edited December 2011
    I need some help with this!  We don't have "a song" so haven't decided on one.  What was yours??
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tangled Up In You  by Staind
  • edited December 2011
    My song that I danced to was "The luckiest" by Ben Folds.Smile My H danced to "God only knows" by the beach boys with his mom- that could work as a cute love song as well.Wink Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    I've changed my mind like a billion times! At the moment it's Ellie Goulding's version of "Your Song" but next week it will probably be something different!
  • edited December 2011
    Those are some good ones!  It's a hard choice!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My advice, choose a song that's a little shorter in length.  Our song was 5 minutes long and it felt like we were dancing for an hour!  After about 3 minutes it just got awkward....
  • s500953s500953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Born to be Your Woman by Joey and Rory
  • dellusiondellusion member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_first-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:460fb56c-d6f3-42b8-819c-f2951b3c2fb8Post:65ac2826-6d2e-4483-8666-04ba46184af7">Re: First Dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]My advice, choose a song that's a little shorter in length.  Our song was 5 minutes long and it felt like we were dancing for an hour!  After about 3 minutes it just got awkward....
    Posted by kelleyku05[/QUOTE]

Your DJ should be able to modify any song you choose to make it fit your time preference...
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_first-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:460fb56c-d6f3-42b8-819c-f2951b3c2fb8Post:6c1a41f8-1555-411c-876d-3aed1c00cd80">Re: First Dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Dance : Your DJ should be able to modify any song you choose to make it fit your time preference...
    Posted by dellusion[/QUOTE]

I didn't have a DJ  :-)
  • teamdynamiteteamdynamite member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "How He Loves" by David Crowder Band
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_first-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:460fb56c-d6f3-42b8-819c-f2951b3c2fb8Post:65ac2826-6d2e-4483-8666-04ba46184af7">Re: First Dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]My advice, choose a song that's a little shorter in length.  Our song was 5 minutes long and it felt like we were dancing for an hour!  After about 3 minutes it just got awkward....
    Posted by kelleyku05[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.Our DJ cut a verse out of our song, and it still felt kind of long! Lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • LaurenbizLaurenbiz member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Even though we got engaged in October, I already have that song set in stone. Smile

"The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face" - the Leona Lewis cover.
  • jessica722jessica722 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It's your love by Tim McGraw or At Last by Etta James is in our toss up for the moment.  Haven't quite decided yet.

• MrsBoneyMrsBoney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had decided on At Last by Etta James. I am now thinking of A Thousand Years by Christina Perri, but it seems like this is becoming incredibly popular since it was featured in the new Twilight movie. I really don't want a pop culture icon of a song. I know At Last is a popular song for first dances, but it probably won't be one that someone says, "Yeah, everyone did that song in 2012."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards