Connecticut

Ceremony Programs?

Is it okay to not have programs for a ceremony?  My ceremony is at a Congregatinal Church.  The programs are just another expense at this point and I am thinking about not having them.  Anyone else not using programs for their ceremony?

Photobucket

Re: Ceremony Programs?

• edited December 2011
    My cousin didn't - I don't think anyone cared or noticed. I had printed mine up, then DH forgot them (his friend ran and go them, but still about half are in the back of my car!). I'd say you can forgo. I did them because the first reading was in polish and 95% of our guests don't speak it...
  • estegemanestegeman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the response!  :)  I think we will forgo them.  We dont have any special speakers or soloists anyway.
    Photobucket
  • DiLynn83DiLynn83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You definitely do not need them.
  • herb0622herb0622 member
    edited December 2011
    We're having a catholic ceremony and decided not to do programs. We originally were but then we had some changes to the readers, ushers, etc so we figured with all of the changes going on, it was probably best not to have them
    Anniversary
  • jennylove810jennylove810 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a Catholic ceremony and did programs.. if I could do it all over again, I wouldn't do them.  It was confusing, there were last-minute changes, and I'm sure I got the official names of things wrong.  (I'm not a very strict Catholic)  Programs are just one of those wedding-y things I think brides, generally speaking, can do without.
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the replies! :)
    Photobucket
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just went to a wedding in May, and she didn't have them.  I didn't notice at all.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I've been to a number of weddings that don't have a program and it never made much difference to me. Besides, you want your guests to be looking at YOU, not reading the program! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_ceremony-programs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:ee086105-b690-4614-897d-7b6e2f1ea568Post:c28bee80-097a-411d-a56f-5a2adc90a80e">Re: Ceremony Programs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been to a number of weddings that don't have a program and it never made much difference to me. <strong>Besides, you want your guests to be looking at YOU, not reading the program! :)
    </strong>Posted by kfesta[/QUOTE]

HA HA!! Love this! 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards