Connecticut

Chocolate bar seating cards???

ISince I'm having a candy buffet at the reception and our theme became chocolate and champagne based on the bridesmaids dresses.... I was thinking about using chocolate bars as the guest seating cards.  Any thoughts on this?  Has anyone seen this done or done it themselves?  Would love to know how it worked out and which company/website you ordered from.

Re: Chocolate bar seating cards???

• cdbishopcdbishop member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that is a really cute idea as it fits in with the other elements of the wedding.  I have seen things where you can print what you want on the label and almost re-wrap the chocolate bar.  Or you can put a sticker type label on the each candy bar. 
  • tannymcgeetannymcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what an adorable idea!!!  I would maybe contact Kim's Cottage Confections, I know she does handmade chocolates so maybe she could do something like that.  
    Married 4/30/11
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Love this idea!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Great idea, that way your cards are also favors.  Everybody wins!
    imageimage
  • Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_chocolate-bar-seating-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:9633e75a-fedf-46da-a4cb-413848653063Post:4395520f-fa21-4879-9cdf-b0e3ce79b334">Re: Chocolate bar seating cards???</a>:
    [QUOTE]what an adorable idea!!!  I would maybe contact Kim's Cottage Confections, I know she does handmade chocolates so maybe she could do something like that.  
    Posted by tannymcgee[/QUOTE]

I would suggest somewhere else other than Kim's.  That's where my cousin got her chocolate bar wraps for her baby shower and they were disappointed and took longer than expected.  I've posted about this situation before (among others with Kim's)  so if it sounds familiar that's why.
  • Melissa603Melissa603 member
    edited December 2011
    I think that is definitely a great idea. Maybe look around Etsy for some custom designed bars?
  • tannymcgeetannymcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_chocolate-bar-seating-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:9633e75a-fedf-46da-a4cb-413848653063Post:8728acb0-f395-4503-a5dc-63d733c729c1">Re: Chocolate bar seating cards???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chocolate bar seating cards??? : I would suggest somewhere else other than Kim's.  That's where my cousin got her chocolate bar wraps for her baby shower and they were disappointed and took longer than expected.  I've posted about this situation before (among others with Kim's)  so if it sounds familiar that's why.
    Posted by Carebear62584[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>hmm.. ok.  She is doing my groom's cookies for my wedding at the end of the this month so I'll let everyone know how that goes!!

</div>
    Married 4/30/11
  • edited December 2011
    Im pretty sure theknot.com wedding shop has customizable chocolate bars with labels, but Ive looked at so many websites I am not positive for sure! But I think that this is a lovely idea! Very cute, and definitely different!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_chocolate-bar-seating-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:9633e75a-fedf-46da-a4cb-413848653063Post:8728acb0-f395-4503-a5dc-63d733c729c1">Re: Chocolate bar seating cards???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chocolate bar seating cards??? : I would suggest somewhere else other than Kim's.  That's where my cousin got her chocolate bar wraps for her baby shower and they were disappointed and took longer than expected.  I've posted about this situation before (among others with Kim's)  so if it sounds familiar that's why.
    Posted by Carebear62584[/QUOTE]

I've used Kim for everything from my groomscake, to shower cakes, wedding cakes, baptism cakes, cookies for my milk and cookies at the wedding, and I have never ever had a problem ever. She has been amazing to work with every time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards