Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Family Meet-up??

Hello ladies!

My FI's family and my family have never met. so we thought it would be nice to have a little get-together before the wedding.  I was just wondering if anyone else has done this in the past, and didn't know if there was anything I should plan to "do". 

We were thinking to have everyone meet at our apartment, mingle for a little bit, maybe go do a kids activity for our nieces/nephews at like a bounce-house place, then go to dinner.

Any other ideas, suggestions, or tips would be greatly appreciated!  TIA!

Re: Family Meet-up??

• Options
    edited December 2011

A few weeks after FI and I got engaged we met up at a coffee house with our parents.  It was a relaxed atmosphere and went very smoothly.  A gathering at your home would be nice too. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    niecie_jeffniecie_jeff member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    When FI and my family met for the first time, we had them all over to our apartment and I made dinner for everyone (I just made baked ziti, salad and garlic bread) so it was really laid back and easy for everyone to mingle and get to know one another.
    AnniversaryBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we've planned a BBQ for father's day at our house. it's also the day after my birthday, so we figured it would be a good reason to get together. we're having plenty of food, liquor and swimming. hopefully everything goes smoothly for us.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards