North Carolina-Outer Banks

Saturday brides at 108 Budleigh

I feel like I've been posting a lot lately, but I really need some help with this one.  I'm not able to do my rehearsal on Friday because there is another wedding that day.  And before you say to ask the bride, I did!  I was thinking we could do it Thursday, but my MOH and officiant may not be in town until late that night.  Our ceremony will be on the lawn as well, not inside.

If you all weren't able to do it the day before at the venue, where did you do it?

Re: Saturday brides at 108 Budleigh

• We got married at the Sanderling, and the coordinator there actually said we didn't even need a rehearsal. I pushed and she went ahead and scheduled one for us, but it was at 3 pm the day before our wedding. Most people have been in at least one wedding, and there isn't a lot that needs to be practiced.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've actually only been to one wedding and I wasn't in it.  I'm the one who wants to see everything, especially since I'm very Type A!  
  • I wanted a rehearsal as well, and I tihnk that it was beneficial.  However, I don't think the location makes a big difference - you could even do your rehearsal in the nearby park (where they hold their festivals in Manteo) or even on the beach.  The thing you're really trying to get a feel for is the timing and flow; the location shouldn't make a big difference.
    image June 22, 2012
  • Feeling the way you do, I would go ahead and do it with everyone you already have present on Thur evening and have them fill in the MOH & BM with the details the following day.  Since it's on the lawn outside, what about going early Fri morning or even at 1:00?  Is the Friday wedding actually taking place there, or only the reception?  Just trying to help you with some options.

• No worries!  I was just a little frustrate at inflexibility.  I asked the Friday bride and she told me that I was not allowed to use the venue at all on Friday.  What I think we are going to do it is have it at a different location on Friday, that way our friends/family/officiant will all be in town without anyone being left out of the rehersal.  Sorry about the harshness, I needed to vent and get some advice =)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_saturday-brides-at-108-budleigh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:e0672f30-f5a3-487f-bbe6-99169cc1d97bPost:a0da6166-e7f1-40b2-8b88-03a1b2a47a8d">Re: Saturday brides at 108 Budleigh</a>:
    [QUOTE]No worries!  I was just a little frustrate at inflexibility.  I asked the Friday bride and she told me that I was not allowed to use the venue at all on Friday.  What I think we are going to do it is have it at a different location on Friday, that way our friends/family/officiant will all be in town <strong>without anyone being left out of the rehersal</strong>.  Sorry about the harshness, I needed to vent and get some advice =)
    Posted by catyburs[/QUOTE]

Just to look at all sides of this, what's better:  1 member of the WP missing from the rehearsal or YOU having the peace of mind of seeing how everything looks?  We didn't have our officiant at our rehearsal and most of the ones I have been too didn't either.  I'm not trying to make this more difficult for you or anything, but having done this myself before and other brides/grooms questions from the past, I am trying to help you see the flipside of this.  The general flow of the wedding entrance/exit is pretty standard, no matter where the actual event takes place, but knowing where exactly to stand, etc. is relevant to the particular venue.  It would be a lot easier for one person to say "MOH, this is exactly where you will be standing" rather than have an entire WP have to re-create the rehearsal when seeing the venue for the first time the day of the wedding.  Am I making any sense here?  I just don't want you to look back and wish you would've done it ahead of time so you can see exactly where everyone will be entering, standing, exiting, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards