Not Engaged Yet

jeter

how did the interview go/giving notice?

how is your FI post puppy sadness? : (

and is there any way to eat celery at work without feeling like the guy 20 desks down can hear me chomping??? (this is sort of rhetorical)

Re: jeter

• loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_jeter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1b4b1f4a-4e6e-4b9f-9329-36a0bcf7d7bePost:7e479f59-0ff7-47c8-a153-db576a713431">jeter</a>:
    [QUOTE]and is there any way to eat celery at work without feeling like the guy 20 desks down can hear me chomping??? (this is sort of rhetorical)
    Posted by katanne9[/QUOTE]

This makes me glad that I am in an office by myself. Maybe it sounds louder to you than it really is?

* Edit - when I say this makes me happy I am in an office by myself I mean about my own eating and not about other people's eating.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    loopy, can you hear me eating my celery? If you listen carefully you might. I feel like it's that loud.
  • edited December 2011
    Yum.  Celery.  I made myself ants on a log yesterday. 

Jeter, please answer Kat's questions because the rest of us want to know too.
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think she got home at 0'dark'thirty today. Didn't she say she had to drive pretty much through the night to get home? Maybe she's sleeping.... zzzzzzzzzzzz....
  • bajedivabajediva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wakey wakey, jeter....
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's what I thought too, but she posted a few hours ago.
  • edited December 2011
    LOL I'm here girls!  I was just getting ready to post an update but this'll work just fine.

#1 The interview went GREAT!  It is a newly created position so she is still awaiting approval on the actual position and as long as that goes through I'm about 90% sure I have it.  So just waiting and hoping....

#2  It was very, very sad to see how heartbroken FI was when I got down there... He had already gotten rid of all things to remind him of Beau... It was REALLY hard to get out of my car and realize that Beau wasn't going to come running up.  But, FI is doing alot better with it - he says he knows he is in a better place and is happy he isn't suffering anymore.  Even by the end of the weekend we had talked about getting another dog in the future. 

#3  I put in my notice at work this afternoon!  I was soooo nervous about it but my boss took it pretty well.  She said there would always be a place here for me but obviously understood why I was leaving.  So my last date will be the 23rd and then I'll be moving!  FI is still coming up the 17th to move my things.  I absolutely can't believe it's finally happening!!
  • edited December 2011
    And no kat...there is NO way to eat celery without everyone in the office hearing it - I've tried... same goes for carrots. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad to hear that everything is working out for you! :-D

*happy dance*
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, and yes paint - I didn't get home til about 10 last night... was a looooong drive!! I'm dead tired today..
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Button!  Times are a definitely changing, that's for sure! 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad it was a great visit!!! Let us know about the job as things move along!!

And I'm glad your FI is feeling alright about Beau. It's never fun.

and I can't believe you start moving so soon! WAHOO!
  • edited December 2011

Aw, thanks kat!  I'm confidient yet nervous about the job.  I'm mostly nervous that I just put in my notice without having an official job offer - kinda scary putting yourself OUT of work....  But, on the other hand it is exciting that it's all finally happening!  I don't think I could have handled having to say good-bye to FI one more time - it's the worst feeling in the world!!  Not to mention the drive - I think if I had to make it too many more times I would have lost my mind, for sure.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    don't worry! you'll find something!!

FI and I had to spend 2 summers apart, so I know how much it sucks. I'm sure you're excited to get down there!!!

i don't want to bug you, but let me know when you've started the Mr Darcy books!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah... I know either way I'll find some sort of job...

I'm already halfway through re-reading P&P, so I'll be starting Mr Darcy books PROBABLY by the end of the week!  Ohhh I'm so excited!
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Jeter- That is exciting! I hope that the place you interviewed with is able to offer you a job. That would be awesome!

I don't blame you for not wanting to continue making a 10 hour drive. How long have you and FI been long distance for?
  • bajedivabajediva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, what an eventful few days. congrats on having a good interview :-). did you use any of jeana's tips? it must be unsettling in some ways to be at the brink of all this change, but i'm glad you seem so excited for it. i'm happy for you two!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks loopy - LD about a year..

baje - Yes, I totally forgot to mention that I did in fact take Jeana's advice!  I changed my shampoo over the weekend - which did in fact make my hair feel like a million bucks, I went that morning and got my favorite drink - Diet Cherry Lime-aid from Sonic, listened to upbeat music on my way, and before I got out of my car I stared myself in the mirror and said "You can do this!  This job is yours!".  So thanks for all the wonderful advice Jeana!  ;)
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay Jeter! Soooo exciting about the move! I remember when I moved here to be with BF...it was sad, and exciting and terrifying and wonderful all at the same time.  You must be PUMPED!!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Yes Paige - I'm having all those crazy feelings at once!!  I'm mostly in shock today - putting in my notice here at work was a sort of milestone and made it even more real, as weird as that sounds..
    edited December 2011
    Jeter - I totally get it!  Putting in my notice (and graduating from university) made the move real for me too.  But now I'm sitting here in our living room, happily watching South Park while Mikey chews a bone and Molly (for some unknown reason) licks the top of my foot.  It's a weird feeling but it's an amazing thing once it works out and you're all settled:)

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great news about the possible job!  I really hope it works out for you!  Keep us updated.

Good luck with the move - I'm sure it's going to be very exciting!
  • edited December 2011
    Awww, I can't wait to have that "I'm finally settled" moment Paige... And the moment when I realize I no longer have to say those heartbreaking good-byes to FI...
    edited December 2011
    Jeter - it's an AMAZING feeling!  I love coming home to boyfriend and the dogs and being "home".  It's soooooo great

Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    AHH! I knew my advice would rock!!!

I'm so glad it helped you out. I'm sure you totally blew them away!
    Anniversary
  • StephB1185StephB1185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little late on the uptake - but YAY Jeter! I'm glad to hear it's all working out!  I'm sure that job is yours!  I'm just so sad you'll be leaving the wonderful-ness that is the STL! How will you ever manage? haha
    "Diversity is the key to life, without it we would be a mindless drone of a single colored spectrum."
  • edited December 2011
    Yep Jeana, your advice totally rocked! 

Steph - LOL, I gotta be honest - I'm glad to be getting out of St Louis... I've lived around this area my entire life so I'm excited to be moving to a completely new place!  But..I'll definitly miss a few of my St Louis friends, without a doubt!  Well, that and Imo's of course. 
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Can I just throw in that I love cherry limeades from Sonic! Yum!
  • edited December 2011

Hah - Yes loopy, that's my non-alcoholic feel good drink!  Makes me happy with every sip!  Hmm....now that I think about it, I bet it would make a GREAT mixed drink... 

Oh Oh and speaking of mixed drinks!!  This was COMPLETELY new to me - they have these drive-thru mixed drink places down there!  After we went and seen Clash of the Titans on Saturday, FI kept saying he wanted to run by and "get a mixed drink".. I had no idea what he was talking about and the next thing I know I'm sitting at a drive-thru window and he is ordering us both Hurricanes.  I was stunned when he handed me an extra large to-go cup with the most yummy hurricane imaginable!! Maybe this is normal in other places but I've sure never seen such a thing here, so I was quite impressed.

edited December 2011
    ...drive thru booze?!  Isn't that some kind of illegal? Like driving with your mixed drink...

I dunno.  Here we're not allowed to have open booze within reach of the driver.  Even after going to the drive thru beer store (yes, that's right...we have several!!) we have to pull over and put it in our trunk or you can get fined!

Murried Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards