Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Weekly Posts?

Ok ladies. Someone else needs to start some threads around here.

Back when we were all still engaged, my club (month) board did daily posts, which were a ton of fun.  I'm thinking we should start those up around here too.  Just for some ideas, we did:

TMI Tuesday (ask anything!)
WTF Wednesday (open letters)
Tasty Thursday (share a recipe... different category each week)
TGIF was rants/raves/random facts

I'm thinking I'll make Monday here a "welcome newbies!" post.  I'm hoping will see some new faces soon with the holiday engagements coming up soon :)

Should we stick with those? any suggestions?

Re: Weekly Posts?

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good idea!  I always enjoyed spotlighting a Knottie for an ask-me-anything post. 
  • bemistobebemistobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds great! And Steph, congrats on getting your gold badge! :)
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks good to me! I think we also did DIY mondays - for after a weekend of DIY projects. Not that you couldnt post DIY stuff other days but a lot of girls chose to make those posts on Mondays.
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds like fun!!

Now that class is done for the semester I will actually be able to be on here a little more. So excited!!
    Anniversary
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like it! On my club board we do flame-free fridays sometimes, where you can basically sound off about whatever and nobody can harass you for it. 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    All of those ideas sound great to me!
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_weekly-posts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:56b5f29e-ac9d-4166-9379-6fede828965bPost:ef8b7d11-c83a-453c-bd2b-aaa6d6a4396b">Re: Weekly Posts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Looks good to me! I think we also did DIY mondays - for after a weekend of DIY projects. Not that you couldnt post DIY stuff other days but a lot of girls chose to make those posts on Mondays.
    Posted by drdifabio[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, Danielle, I had no idea DIY Mondays was a "thing" on our anniv board! :) I just posted whenever I did them. Oops!</div>
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds good to me!

Congrats on the blindly shiny gold badge too :0)
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • sailerweddingsailerwedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fun! I'm definitely in, hopefully work will settle down so I can be around more!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_weekly-posts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:56b5f29e-ac9d-4166-9379-6fede828965bPost:e6916f7d-7ca2-46eb-bbb7-78e387d66a49">Re: Weekly Posts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekly Posts? : Haha, Danielle, I had no idea DIY Mondays was a "thing" on our anniv board! :) I just posted whenever I did them. Oops!
    Posted by debbieupper[/QUOTE]

Ha yeah when it got crazy over there will tons of posts a day, the mods came on and asked if there was a way to organize posts a bit. Remember the whole thing about putting PIP and specifics in your subject line? The DIY mondays came out of that discussion but I still posted those whenever too :).

Do you miss it at all? I cant go on the nest at work (it is blocked) and by the time I get home I am doing other stuff so I havent posted over there at all. I did see that you decided to just stick with our local board but I still miss some of those girls - at least the ones I had known for a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards