Canada-Ontario

Bachelorette Ideas in the GTA?

My MOH and I are brainstorming for my bachelorette party and we've got a couple ideas in mind - mainly collingwood + spa + bars or niagara + b&b + winery tour.  Both options I love but I was wondering what other people in the area were doing for their bachelorette parties - might give me more ideas!
Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Re: Bachelorette Ideas in the GTA?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Novo spa downtown (just me and my 2 BMs), then did a pole dancing class at Aradia, then dinner, then clubbing at Devil's Martini.

None of us were really interested in the clubbing but we felt like we should go, for good measure lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did my whole bachelorette up at the cottage for the weekend, but others I've gone too usually do a spa with just a few people (BMs, moms) - Novo and Elmwood are nice, dinner out - TONS of great places, and then out for drinks or dancing.  I've been to Devil's as Ringy mentioned, and This Is London for bachelorettes in the past few years.
  • StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback.  I think most of the group wants to get out of town for the day since we all live in Toronto and do the Toronto Bars on a more regular basis.

I love the Spa idea but Novo and Elmwood are going to be kind of out of budget for a few girls if we also wanted to do dinner and go out afterward.  (I looove the Elmwood, took my mom there for Mother's Day)

Do any of you know of any fun options outside of Toronto?
    Anniversary image

• edited December 2011
    Since you like the spa idea but not the cost, what about something like foot massages?  Or Groupon/WagJag deals?  There are normally a lot of massage options or spa type options that come up on the daily deals.

I like going to the Red Door spa for foot massages (they do those on Thurs - Sun evenings; I have a massage tonight!).  They have normal pedicure/manicure type things that can be done during the day, but I'm not sure about evenings.

Would you be interested in doing a winery tour?  That might make for an enjoyable afternoon, and again - a lot of the group buys offer discounted packages.  This one on Teambuy is a little more expensive, but it includes a room for two people http://www.teambuy.ca/toronto/28132240/ Since the options change regularly, it's just something to keep in mind.

OH, or what about the Collingwood spas?  There are hot and cold baths there.  That might be a nice way to get the spa experience without as high of the costs.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    amme5832 - Yeah, I have my eyes on the daily deals but I'm always afraid to jump at them because it would lock us in. 

I do like the idea of a winery and of collingwood.  In my question I say that we are contemplating collingwood for spas or niagara for wineries... I was just curious if there was something we hadn't thought of :)
    Anniversary image

• edited December 2011
    I'm planning a wine tour in Niagara and a picnic for the day and then drinks a at a local patio for my girlfriend in September. I don't know enough about Collingwood.. or spas for that matter!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My friend actually hire a male model, and they painted him. :P
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Car&Ry - out of curiosity, how much is that going to be per person??
    Anniversary image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards