Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ceremony music question

I was wondering if anyone else is using something other than the traditional songs for their ceremony? I am not a huge fan of any of those songs and I am thinking of using different songs. Do people do that or would it be weird? I don't go to many weddings so I am unsure.

Also if you are using different songs what are you using?

Thanks! :)
TTC since April 2012
BFP #1 9/26/12 EDD 6/7/13 MC at 5w2d on 10/6/12
BFP #2 1/18/13 EDD 9/29/13
Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

My Blog

Re: Ceremony music question

• A lot of people use other music for the ceremony. You should also ask this on the music board under Special Topics. If you are looking for a blend of traditional and contemporary, you should check out the Vitamin String Quartet. As to what we are doing for the ceremony, I think we will be using some VSQ songs, either What a Wonderful World or A Kiss to Build a Dream on by Louis Armstrong for our processional, and maybe Ben Fold's The Luckiest for the Bride's entrance. But we haven't completely figured it out yet.
  • If you're getting married in a church, you'll want to check with their music director first and see what, if any, restrictions they have on ceremony music.  I'm a church organist, and we do have restrictions on ceremony music.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • People do all sorts of things for ceremony music.  Instrumental versions of popular songs, the actual version of popular songs, live music, recorded music, a singer, etc.  I don't think there are any limits really (unless your venue has a restriction as Trix pointed out).
  • FH and I are walking down with our parents and meeting in the middle to the Vitamin String Quartet's All You Need Is Love.

Our recessional is Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.

I second the VSQ.
  • NJSLNJSL member
    First Comment
    My best friend walked down the aisle to Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

I'm walking down the aisle (and the wedding party) to Some Enchanted Evening from the musical South Pacific (my fav!) and for the recessional we're using the prelude from the opera Carmen
  • I have not decided on exactlywhat i am walking down the aisle to but I know my recessional song will be "Married Life" on Disney's UP soundtrack
  • I will not be using traditional music. 
  • edited August 2010
    "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica, but played as an instrumental version on the harp
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i'm using a celtic drum & pipe song.
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards