Wedding Invitations & Paper

No outside envelopes...

I just realized my invitations didn't come with outside envelopes... I know they are a good way to keep the invites clean and to address who is invited, but spending more money on something people will throw away is annoying.

Any ideas how I can get away with just using 1 envelope? I even got my return address printed on them!

Re: No outside envelopes...

• In your situation, I believe you actually do have outer envelopes but no inner envelopes.  It's fine not to include inner envelopes.  Just address the envelopes you do have with the names of everyone invited above the address.
  • You mean inside envelope.  There has to be an outside envelope, otherwise the invitation falls apart...

A lot of people skip the inner envelope these days.  It's really not a big deal.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Mine came with outer and inner envelopes but I only used the outer ones.  I didn't want to deal with addressing a second set of envelopes and it worked out for me because  my invites weighed in at just under an ounce.  The inner envelope might have put me over.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not planning on having an inner envelope, and I think for the most part, a lot of people are doing away with these. The recent few wedding invites i've gotten only had an outer invite. I reeeeally don't see the big deal in having an inner envelope. So I think you're fine! :)
  • I just received an invitation for a very formal wedding, and there was no inner envelope...her invites and STDs were even featured in Martha Stewart Weddings mag!  You'll be fine!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards