Wedding Etiquette Forum

Hump Day!

Happy Wednesday everybody! I spent a majority of yesterday plastered to a computer screen formatting a menu and methinks today is going to be similar.

I signed up for My Fitness Pal on Monday and have been tracking my calories/exercise. I get 1400 calories a day and feel that's a little low, but we'll see. I use most of them up and when dinner rolls around I end up having a mishmash of things just to hit/stay under my calories. I'm also always over on my protein intake, but not even close to hitting my carb intake. I don't want to eat more carbs though.

Re: Hump Day!

• edited April 2012
    Good morning. I can finally use my thumb again, which is nice (I sliced it open over a week ago and it took forever to heal, right on the tip). It's still tender, but at least I can type normal.

In other news, I need a crown on my very back upper molar. Ugh. And a cavity filled in the tooth next to it. The dentist took a pic of my tooth and yeah, it looks pretty gross. And why? Because my old dentist royally fvcked up my mouth. Literally every filling he did, my new dentist has to fix/crown because the other guy left in decay and ruined the tooth.

The dentist also said my teeth are very compact because my mouth is so small. He couldn't even floss the very back without difficulty, which apparenty means I have lots of issues to look forward to in the future. Joy. Stupid teeth. I get a crown, H has to have gum surgery.
  • Morning!

Sesh that sucks about your teeth. Isn't that considered malpractice what the other dentist did?

Today is the last day of one of my classes so we're going to the Y to hang out and everyone is bringing food. We were going to the park but it's been raining all morning so we have to go to plan B. I'm so glad that the semester is winding down and I only have two more papers to write and one exam. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh! I'm also going with my sister to find out the sex of her baby today. It's baby #3 so I'm not as excited as the first two but I think I'll be more excited once we find out if it's a boy or girl.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning! MK I read a book about how people don't eat enough protein and how eating more can actually aid weight loss. I am apparently sick now, my sinuses hurt, and my throat is swollen to the point where I can hardly swallow. I was up at 5:30 and coughed up some (sorry) BROWN shiit and I just feel miserable. Oh and I'm 99% out for the season. Going to the doctors today at 5:30.
  • onlove, according to my dentist there would be no way to 100% prove it was the guy's fault. He said something like, they could just argue that the tooth itself had the problem, or that I wasn't taking care of my teeth the way I should (ike, because I drink a lot of soda). He said if it led to me actually losing my teeth then it would be worth the hassle of suing, but otherwise, not to bother.

So now I get satisfaction in reading reviews about that office and seeing what awful things people have to say about them.
  • Good morning!
    Sesh -- ick.  I'm sorry about your teeth.
    Megbo -- I hope your cough gets better soon.
  • Good Morning.

• Megbo, feel better, sorry about possibly being out for the season.  You have worked so hard!

Sesh, that stinks about your mouth but good about your thumb.  Hopefully your new dentist is much more competent.  Are you writing a review of your own for your old dentist?

MK- you can do this.  I have been debating in my head between myfitnesspal and weight watchers at work. 

Morning everyone.  Can someone please show me how to put my blog/wedding site under my picture in my sig.  I keep getting an error. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hump-day-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3c598307-a1d0-46ff-9473-e8b5eebefd89Post:1274f427-2266-4472-8bdc-bb26727655fb">Re: Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Megbo, feel better, sorry about possibly being out for the season.  You have worked so hard! Sesh, that stinks about your mouth but good about your thumb.  Hopefully your new dentist is much more competent.  Are you writing a review of your own for your old dentist? MK- you can do this.  I have been debating in my head between myfitnesspal and weight watchers at work.  Morning everyone.  Can someone please show me how to put my blog/wedding site under my picture in my sig.  I keep getting an error. 
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

Ski, it's my knee, too.

I don't know about the sig thing, did you try using the link feature to make it a clicky?
  • double Ugh on your knee!  No, I will try that.  Thanks.
  • Morning.  Cut out of work a little early yesterday to go home and write.  I'm now at page 10 of 25, fifteen to go.  Argh.

H and I went to counseling last night, and I feel a little better about everything now.  I guess it's finally through my head that this really is the best thing for the two of us.  It's just really hard.  H is being really great, very gentle with me, not pushing, just being the supportive friend he used to be before we were married.  That's really the thing that's showing me that this is the right decision. 

We're putting the separation "on hold" right now on the advice of both therapists (mine and ours) because my number one priority has to be finishing out the semester (and finishing well).  Both of us are fine living with each other (over the past few months we've become more "friends and roommates" than anything else), and I'll probably start looking for a place of my own after mid-May.  I'm still kind of shocked, but at least my brain is starting to wrap around the concept and accepting it.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Heyo!
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• edited April 2012
    It's two days til the big event, and I am sooo dying to have it over! Fi's mOm came in yesterday, and I'm not sure how I feel about her. She is very nice and friendly, but she can be a bit judge-y. My house is over run with children, and I am stressed to the max right now. I just keep telling myself it'll be over in two days, it'll be over in two days! Oh no Bay! I'm so sorry. That has to be incredibly difficult-- and in the middle of the semester! *hugs* Eta: the letters that the iPad changed on me.
  • Good Morning -

MK when I was doing MFP (I need to start doing it again), I had the same thing happen, I would go well over my protein, but not come close to hitting my carb goal.  When I would track, I would also be working out, however, so the extra protein is needed to help rebuild muscle, especially if you're doing weight training.  

It's rainy and a bit chilly here today.  I really wish I was still in bed.

Sorry about the teeth problems, Sesh.  The worst part is knowing the dentist was in the wrong but not being able to do anything about it.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Sesh, that seriously sucks.  My mother went through a similar issue when she was in her early 20's.  She had a ton of work done by an idiot dentist who completely messed it all up, and had to go to another dentist to correct it.  It took a while but she hasn't had any major issues with her teeth in about 10 years.  I hope things go smoothly for you and as painlessly as possible.

• Morning.  I'm exhausted, I was up all night caughing.  I wish this stupid sickness would just go away.
    Feel better Meg, I also hope it's nothing too serious with your knee. :(
    That's sounds awful Sesh, I hope with this new dentist things go much better.
    MK being glued to a computer screen all day is not so fun, it's my least favorite part of my job and 95% of the time I'm glued to it.
    Bay I'm glad things seems to be moving in a good direction for you all around.
  • Good morning. H had a meeting to go to today so I'm in a bit early.

MK, I adjusted my macronutrient goals on MFP because I was always going over on fat and protein and way under on carbs according to them.
    Photobucket
  • Morning!  I put honey in my smoothie this morning instead of peanut butter, and it was awesome.  So much better.  MK, find me on MFP.  I'm tiedyemermaid.  I'm ALWAYS over on my protein and under on my carbs.  Oh well.

That sucks about your teeth Sesh.  I'm terrified that the dentist is going to tell me something similar just because it's been ages since I've been.

Fezz, do you guys have anything left to do to prepare for baby Fezz's arrival?
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hump-day-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3c598307-a1d0-46ff-9473-e8b5eebefd89Post:63a2876b-8655-472c-a5c3-52a9fd27849a">Re: Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning!  I put honey in my smoothie this morning instead of peanut butter, and it was awesome.  So much better.  MK, find me on MFP.  I'm tiedyemermaid.  I'm ALWAYS over on my protein and under on my carbs.  Oh well. That sucks about your teeth Sesh.  I'm terrified that the dentist is going to tell me something similar just because it's been ages since I've been.<strong> Fezz, do you guys have anything left to do to prepare for baby Fezz's arrival?
    </strong>Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Besides me moving in of course
  • Oh, I guess we'll be roomies then, Rosie.  I'm down with that.

• P&R here. Good morning all. Feel better Megbo! Sesh, I'm sorry about your tooth. Bay, *hugs*

Ski, <*a href="INSERT YOUR BLOG URL HERE />WHAT YOU WANT THE LINK TO SAY<*/a>. Put that without the "*"'s. It should work.

I know you were all waiting on the edge of your seats but my manicure and pedicure went great. I didn't kick anyone, although I did squirm a little from the ticklishness.

Tomorrow we sign the lease for the new apartment and start moving his stuff over. I'm REALLY excited!
  • A- My shower is May 5th, so I'm kind of waiting until after that to see what little things I need to go buy.  But all the big things are done. 

I also took pictures of his room for you and never took them off of my camera.  A lot of good that's doing. Tongue Out

• That's exciting Midge!  Will this be your first place away from your parent's house?

• Sesh, I totally feel you on the teeth issue.  About 5 years ago I had to have a root canal and went to a quack dentist (chain) and he gave me these antibiotics that totally messed up my stomach.  I had to go to the ER and they said the infection was caused by the meds and I never should have got them.  It took about 3 years until my stomach was right again, and I couldn't have any other antibiotics for a couple years.  Of course, it can't be proven, but when I read reviews after the fact, the same thing happened to others.  Then the place got shut down and there's a law suit against this guy.  Scary stuff.  I love my dentist now and actually just got a new crown yesterday on that root canal tooth.  The old one broke.  Fun times.  I hope your teeth start to feel better soon.  Tooth pain is the absolute worst.
  • You guys can totally come move in. 

• Fezz that is so exciting!!!! I'm super excited for you and beebee
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hump-day-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3c598307-a1d0-46ff-9473-e8b5eebefd89Post:1c8d3b26-9d91-4a6b-9f3f-cd9a7fcd79aa">Re: Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's exciting Midge!  Will this be your first place away from your parent's house?
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

YES. But I don't get to live there until after the HM. My stuff will start to move this week or next though. It's going to be wonderful.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hump-day-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3c598307-a1d0-46ff-9473-e8b5eebefd89Post:cc39245a-4295-49f5-88b9-d2cef3e780cd">Re: Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning. H had a meeting to go to today so I'm in a bit early. MK,<strong> I adjusted my macronutrient goals on MFP</strong> because I was always going over on fat and protein and way under on carbs according to them.
    Posted by RupertPenny[/QUOTE]

<div>How did you do this?  I'm looking for that option now and can't find it.</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    Midge!  I am so excited for you and your move.  Living on your own is exhilarating.  Scary, but exhilarating.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hump-day-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3c598307-a1d0-46ff-9473-e8b5eebefd89Post:2d12f582-191e-422c-9072-f4522654704e">Re: Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]A- My shower is May 5th, so I'm kind of waiting until after that to see what little things I need to go buy.  But all the big things are done.  I also took pictures of his room for you and never took them off of my camera.  A lot of good that's doing.
    Posted by FutureMrsFezz[/QUOTE]

Will you be wearing a bit hat since it's derby day? :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards