November 2013 Weddings

Save the Dates in the Mail! PIP

:) We sent the save the dates today!! Felt really awesome checking that off the list. Now, to cross my fingers and hope none of them come back to me... haha.

Picture makes it look way darker - in real life the pink isn't as...red as in this picture. But we went with simple. (Our names and stuff are at the bottom but I cut off because I'm paranoid about having names online haha)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
pinterest, obvi.

Re: Save the Dates in the Mail! PIP

• Looks great!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • button6004button6004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    Cute! We used a photo booth strip for ours!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Smp, as soon as we do our tasting in April ill be looking for a wedding paper divas sale. We have to get meal choices from people, otherwise I would have ordered already! And you're not alone on the photos, we are getting engagement shots done in April too!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We got engaged last April and I wanted to take some shots in the place we lived at the time! So yes they're from an engagement shoot last July. It's funny because FI's hair was SO long (he grew it out last summer before we started working... like a last hurrah) and I already feel like we looked so young compared to how we look now! 

Yay for ordering invitations!! I have been looking at all sorts of places but I really just want a very basic, traditional invite, so I think we are going to go with a local place my planner has picked out.

We also attended a Crate & Barrel registry party yesterday and started our registry. It's really weird to have it started already! We picked out our everyday plates and I was like.......omg. THESE ARE THE PLATES OUR FAMILY WILL EAT ON!!! 

I may have gotten a little sentimental. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_save-the-dates-in-the-mail-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:718136c3-67a5-4294-bb0e-52adb9fd72a4Post:569baa2f-b93f-4b87-9cb8-1dc88371de9d">Re: Save the Dates in the Mail! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Save the Dates in the Mail! PIP : We registered at Crate & Barrel, too. We had so much fun there (but I think FI was a little overwhelmed at all of the silverware options)... I said something very similar to FI as you, and he thought I was being so corny!
    Posted by smp87[/QUOTE]

<div>Bahaha I'm glad I wasn't the only one getting a touch dramatic picking out plates!!</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_save-the-dates-in-the-mail-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:718136c3-67a5-4294-bb0e-52adb9fd72a4Post:d9591f2e-c099-4ad1-bd3b-20b99595d93e">Re: Save the Dates in the Mail! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got engaged last April and I wanted to take some shots in the place we lived at the time! So yes they're from an engagement shoot last July. It's funny because FI's hair was SO long (he grew it out last summer before we started working... like a last hurrah) and I already feel like we looked so young compared to how we look now!  Yay for ordering invitations!! I have been looking at all sorts of places but I really just want a very basic, traditional invite, so I think we are going to go with a local place my planner has picked out.<strong> We also attended a Crate & Barrel registry party yesterday and started our registry.</strong> It's really weird to have it started already! We picked out our everyday plates and I was like.......omg. THESE ARE THE PLATES OUR FAMILY WILL EAT ON!!!  I may have gotten a little sentimental. :)
    Posted by sarahdactyI[/QUOTE]

Did you like the registry party option?  FI and I stopped in a few weeks back to get info and I wasn't sure if these "parties" are worth setting aside the time or if we should just go when it's normal shopping hours for those not planning a wedding.

And cute STDs!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_save-the-dates-in-the-mail-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:718136c3-67a5-4294-bb0e-52adb9fd72a4Post:d128a47e-7c6c-4c29-a9e7-b21317750e72">Re: Save the Dates in the Mail! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Save the Dates in the Mail! PIP : Did you like the registry party option?  FI and I stopped in a few weeks back to get info and I wasn't sure if these "parties" are worth setting aside the time or if we should just go when it's normal shopping hours for those not planning a wedding. And cute STDs!
    Posted by alk0511[/QUOTE]

I liked the "party" atmosphere. I haven't been to this C&B before but it was really nice to have it all to ourselves. We struggled to make it there on time (truth be told, this was the second one we RSVPed to...whoops!) but it's more of a come-whenever type thing. It was nice not having to worry about other people running around. I'm not sure how many couples were there but we rarely ran into someone or were looking at the same things as another couple.

I'm not a big fan of crowds though. I want to set up a BBB registry but honestly the ones by us are always a zoo so I'm really scared of that...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards