Not Engaged Yet

I almost effed it up!

Ok ladies, here's the weekend update. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was pretty sure BF lied to me about meeting one of his friends for a drink on Saturday afternoon. I didn't dig too deeply, but I did ask a couple questions about how his friend is doing, whether he was coming to our party, etc, and BF didn't have any answers. I didn't let on, but was totally convinced he was doing something w/ the ring.

So I looked in the drawer that he's been keeping my grandmother's ring and THE RING IS GONE! In it's place was a brochure from a local jeweler. OMG!

So, we had a few friends over for a bbq yesterday. BF wants me to get a new phone in June when I'm eligible for a rebate, so we were looking at everyone's phones and comparing them. One of my friend hands me his phone, and I'm scrolling through the home pages. Without even knowing how it happens, I get into his text messages and emails, and literally in 0.5 seconds I read that it's from BF and the first line is 'I'm proposing to A on ...' HOLY S&%T! Luckily I stopped reading there and quickly got back to the home screen.

Ladies, I came so close to ruining the surprise and I didn't even want to! I'm so glad I stopped reading there and I'm also so happy that J is somehow involving our friends in all this. Yay!

Hope you all are enjoying your holiday weekend (or for our Canadian friends, enjoying your Monday!).

Edited to remove identifying information :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
Still here and still fabulous!

Re: I almost effed it up!

• edited December 2011
    eeee! i'm so excited for you. that's incredible. way to go on not ruining it! 
  • edited December 2011
    Ahh that is so exciting! :):) Glad you didn't see what day!
    5/27/12
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Exciting! Way to go on stopping yourself from continuing to read!
  • edited December 2011
    EEEEE!  I'm excited for you.

Gosh, now I'm wondering how accurate my August prediction was.  Hmmmmmm.
  • polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    adg;hadfkjhsagjdf!!!!!!!! So exciting!! You're quite the detective, even if on accident!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    WOWOW!!!  I am proud of you for stopping.  I don't know if I could do that.  That is so exciting, try not to think about it too much ok? 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woohoo! That's so exciting! Oh man. I would go nuts in your shoes. I'm also very interested to know if Shoes's prediction is right!

Very happy for you, Tiger!

(Now go take a run around the block before you go BSC...) Wink
  • elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that is awesome that you have the will power to stop reading there!!! I don't know if I could have, but congratulations!!! That's so exciting! :)
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Woot!  I am happy he's on the ball and you know it's coming soon.  Laughing
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    OMG OMG OMG!!!

Yay for not effing it up!!!
    I french with my man
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if I would have had the willpower to close the screen.  I'm impressed.

And, not to facilitate any craziness, but "eeeeeeep!"
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    edited December 2011
    You have the willpower of a super hero! YAY! I'm so excited for you. La la la. ::happy dance, happy dance::

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woo hoo! Now forget everything you know :)
  • lmwilberlmwilber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ZOMG! You have the most amazing will power EVER! I am so happy for you!!!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how I stopped reading it. It was more a reaction than any concious thought, but I am SO GLAD. No worries, I'm not freaking out. Just enjoying every day with BF and knowing that it's coming sooner rather than later. It's actually a really humbling feeling knowing how much thought he's putting into it. I'd better be worth it ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• edited December 2011
    wow how exciting! I would almost want to know but glad you didn't spoil the surprise!

Anniversary

• becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's super exciting--and congratulations on superhuman willpower!
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    YEY!! How exciting! I am proud too I don't think I would be able to stop reading. Although I would then feel really guilty and make BF change the date by telling him I saw it. At any rate, yey! Now do a dance in those patient pants!
    friends tv show funy
  • edited December 2011
    Ahhh that is so exciting. I don't post too much but I'm on here a lot so I'm usually up to date on what's going on with everyone - makes me sound a little creepy huh? - so I know you've been eagerly waiting so I'm very excited for you knowing it is coming sometime soon!!

• lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    edited December 2011

Hehe...Just kidding.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    hahahah Lunar, that made me LOL.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards