Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

To let them know or not to?

We have decided to go with one particular person to do our wedding cake. We tasted three others. Should we let them know that we have chosen someone else? I thought it might be a nice gesture to let them know whether or not. Is that the right way to do so? Thanks ladies!

Re: To let them know or not to?

• twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of letting a vendor know that you didn't decide to go with them. That's pretty much assumed when you don't call back to book their services.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I've only let vendors know we weren't using them if they called to follow up.  A couple of venues i looked at did contact me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You dont need to.  As PP said, its kinda implied when you never hire them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I told those who followed up with me, or if I had communicated with them previously via email I sent them a quick note.
  • JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if they contact you to follow up then you can politely let them know you've already booked someone else otherwise its implied when you dont continue communications any further w/ them
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    If I've had a sit-down meeting or a lengthy phone interview with them, I let them know. A quick "hey, we've decided to go with someone else" ends the guesswork for everyone involved.  But if I've just emailed them once or twice, I don't bother.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lizzi97lizzi97 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure the vendors would appreciate being notified. When I was a hotel sales manager, we were required to follow up with all potential clients. So, if someone let me know they chose someone else, it took one thing off my overloaded to-do list. However, brides and others planning social events tended not to follow-up, so if you don't, you're not alone.
  • edited December 2011
    I was just going to ask about this exact topic! Just booked our photographer, and another photographer, just followed up. It sucks because we really really liked them, but the other one won out. This has reinforced the nagging part of me that says to write back.
  • edited December 2011
    I notified anyone I actually met with or who reached out to me.  Just a simple email.  I think it's appropriate in any professional environment.
  • topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you need to tell them anything unless they contact you.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • carolinagal78carolinagal78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It seems like I remember reading that you should contact the other vendors to let them know. They said that it is the the courteous thing to do and may help you later if you have a vendor back out on you for whatever reason. Most vendors will respect your decision and it will save them time from having to f/u if thats what they do. I think its just a nice thing to do especially if you've had a detailed conversation or e-mld back & forth several times.
    image 114 Made the cut!
    image 84 Are ready to celebrate! image 20 Are missing out! image 10 Don't understand RSVP?!
  • edited December 2011
    My FI had a bad habit of telling people, "we'll let you know either way" so I made him call or email the people we decided not to go with. But normally you don't have to.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards