Christian Weddings

Wedding recap and pictures

I finally have time to write a recap of the wedding on 6/16. There were only a few hiccups but they were minor and taken care of. I found out my BM is dating the abusive ex-boyfriend again and he showed up at the wedding (he wasn't invited) as I was about to walk down the aisle. After the wedding, she got him to leave which I appreciated.

I didn't sleep at all the night before but the morning of, I was calm and relaxed. Everyone got their hair done, with a lot of time to spare! We made our way to the venue to get dressed and for some pictures before the ceremony. At the rehearsal, I cried the entire way down the aisle but on the actual wedding day, I just teared up, no crying. I found out afterward my big, tough Army brother cried as I walked in. Probably a good thing I didn't see him crying as it would cause me to cry. 

We finished up pictures after the wedding and headed to the reception for some fun. I danced A LOT more then I though I would (thank you wine!) and didn't want the night to end. Everyone said it was one of the prettiest weddings they had seen in a long time and had such a fun time. As we were leaving on the carriage ride and we were making a lap around the venue, 4 of our groomsmen and ushers decided to hide behind a bush and moon us as we drove past. 

My advice to the ladies getting married in the future, make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day. I was so thirsty and had really bad cotton mouth at the end of the ceremony.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wedding recap and pictures

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wedding-recap-and-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:08239482-75ce-45a5-8462-5bc6680aca7dPost:ec8ce1b0-7d73-40ef-96d3-d5833e6a3552">Wedding recap and pictures</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found out my BM is dating the abusive ex-boyfriend again and he showed up at the wedding (he wasn't invited) as I was about to walk down the aisle. <div>Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]</div><div>I think I missed this.  Is he your ex or a guy that she's dating again?  Glad he left without trouble, though.</div><div>
    [QUOTE]<div>I found out afterward my big, tough Army brother cried as I walked in. Probably a good thing I didn't see him cry ing as it would cause me to cry.  </div><div>Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]</div></div><div>Mine apparently started crying during the slideshow and was still bawling when we walked to the back of the church after the recessional.  It was the second time (after Granddaddy dying) I've seen him cry in my life.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    [QUOTE]<div>As we were leaving on the carriage ride and we were making a lap around the venue, 4 of our groomsmen and ushers decided to hide behind a bush and moon us as we drove past. 
    Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]</div></div><div>...boys</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Your pictures are beautiful, Ash!!  Congrats!</div>
  • You're back! Yay! Congratulations, you looked gorgeous :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Glad to hear! Congrats!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wedding-recap-and-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:08239482-75ce-45a5-8462-5bc6680aca7dPost:4992626e-b9cd-47fc-a318-81788e12b142">Re: Wedding recap and pictures</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Wedding recap and pictures :<strong> I think I missed this.  Is he your ex or a guy that she's dating again?  Glad he left without trouble, though.</strong> Mine apparently started crying during the slideshow and was still bawling when we walked to the back of the church after the recessional.  It was the second time (after Granddaddy dying) I've seen him cry in my life. ...boys Your pictures are beautiful, Ash!!  Congrats!
    Posted by fpaemp2011[/QUOTE]

<div>The ex was her ex, not mine. I mentioned it about 6 months ago on a prayer request post because the relationship was getting bad and I wanted her to find peace and trust God that He would provide for her. She was doing so well and it threw me for a real loop when I found out they were talking/dating again. I have struggled with forgiving him but will never forget what I saw what he did to her.</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited June 2012
    You are a beautiful bride! Congratulations Mrs! I totally know what you mean about the "Wedding Day Calm" that comes over you that day. My Huz was so stressed out that day, and I was just smiling and dancing and having a great ol' time! I totally lol'd reading about your groomsmen! Too funny haha!
    Things I love: my Bunnies, baking, books, and The Beatles
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Looks like a fabulous day!  And gorgeous dress.
  • Love the pictures (been stalking them on FB lol).
    Thanks for the advice, I will make sure I have my waterbottle with me through all the getting ready :)
  • I just love all your pictures Ash!! You looked absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Congrats, MRS!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • So beautiful! Congrats!
  • You looked beautiful! So glad you had a good day! Welcome to the wife club! 
  • Looks lovly ! Love the orange
    Love is All You Need
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards