October 2012 Weddings

Good News! NWR

So I mentioned buying a house the other day and it looks like we're going to go through with it. Fi got approved for the loan and its such a good deal we can't pass it up. The house needs a lot of work but it is livable. We've been living here since October. We didn't make any changes or fix it up though since it wasn't ours. Its an old farm house built I think in 1942 so its got original hardwood floors that are beautiful! The top two things on our to do list are putting a ceiling fan in the living room which will require running wires in the ceiling. Then redoing the master bath. It basically needs to be gutted. But with the price...we'll have the extra. Its 3br 2ba which is what we wanted. And we were given the option to basically buy or he was going to sell it to someone else! And we couldn't find somewhere else at the price he is asking so..looks like we are going to be buying our first house!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Good News! NWR

• Congrats!
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Oh wow!! Congrats!!! Is the house on property? Good luck with everything, it's def a fun and exciting process.
    weddingpic
  • The house has a little less than an acre..like .95. FI is going to put up our 6 acres that we WANTED to build on as collateral instead of a down payment. Either way we'll still have both and the house will be paid off in 15 years and we can hopefully build then or maybe if we save enough before this is paid build and rent this one out or sell.
  • Congratulations! We bought a fixer-upper.... If you wouldn't mind a piece of advice, don't take on too much at once. It doesn't sound like you have too much to do, but even with things like painting, finish one room before you start another. Otherwise you end up like me, two years down the road and everything half-finished.
  • Congratulations! We bought a foreclosure in November, and I am loving it! I love that we can fix it up room by room to make it how we want!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • FI went to the bank today and was approved for the loan!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards