Not Engaged Yet

You guys. It's Friday!

FINALLY. 

Also, I just had deja-vu while typing this. 

What's up for the long weekend?

Re: You guys. It's Friday!

• I have to go into work for a little while on Saturday because a patient has a 5-FU pump that has to be disconnected. It's a 46 hour continuous infusion and we started the patient yesterday, so... yeah.

Otherwise, we have nothing planned. Tyler's working from home on Monday, but that's about it.

I'm relieved that it's the weekend. Oh, and also always amused because I feel like the two of us are the only ones who are awake at this time in the morning :x.

• Still, what's a 5-FU pump? 

I get to work at 6:30am Undecided

• TGIF for sure! Even though I only came into work on Wednesday I am so glad the weekend is here! I hope the work day goes by fast.

We don't have too much planned really.  Sadly as far as I know of, no BBQ or any parties with friends.  Oh well.  BF is moving in this weekend at least most of his stuff may be not everything.  His cats are coming over though, so we will be merging the cats this weekend.  That will interesting to say the least. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also a bit nervous.  I hope it all goes well.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_you-guys-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1fa2f5b5-8232-4e6f-9331-31a33a1377a5Post:408f8291-cd91-49cf-bfa5-011ca8a587b9">Re: You guys. It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Still, what's a 5-FU pump?  I get to work at 6:30am 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]
    Wow you get to work that early I get to work at 7:30 I thought that was early.

Anniversary

• Danser, how exciting! I remember back when you first were saying you want to talk to your BF about moving in and now it's finally happening! How old are all the cats? 

Normally, I come in at 7. But my coworker is on his honeymoon so I've been coming in earlier to cover for him basically. I work long hours, it sucks. 

• My cats are brothers from the same litter they are 5 and his cats are 12 and 7.  The whole moving in thing has taken forever so many moving parts and it's been real busy for us lately.  I'm nervous about the cats getting along and now cooking for him too.

I get in around 7:30 and leave around 4-4:30 depending what's going on. Do you get to leave early or anything today?

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_you-guys-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1fa2f5b5-8232-4e6f-9331-31a33a1377a5Post:b4245c2c-b78e-4117-8a95-233cdc33ec80">Re: You guys. It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You guys. It's Friday! : Wow you get to work that early I get to work at 7:30 I thought that was early.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

I thought 8 was early :) But six thirty. Wow rdr.

I'm hoping we finish early today - we usually do before a holiday weekend. I've got my fingers crossed for 2.30. Then tomorrow I fly to Newark so bf can have the car while I visit family for the weekend. I'm back on Monday.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_you-guys-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1fa2f5b5-8232-4e6f-9331-31a33a1377a5Post:59e889cc-04c6-4ea4-85e6-cc9540f8690d">Re: You guys. It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My cats are brothers from the same litter they are 5 and his cats are 12 and 7.  The whole moving in thing has taken forever so many moving parts and it's been real busy for us lately.  I'm nervous about the cats getting along and now cooking for him too.   I get in around 7:30 and leave around 4-4:30 depending what's going on. Do you get to leave early or anything today?
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Good luck with the move this weekend. Is there a recommended way to introduce cats?
  • Danser, I really hope it goes well! Might be a little harder because his cats are older. That 12 year old is probably set in his/her ways haha

Normally I work 7-4:30. While my coworker is out I'm working 6:30-4 (which I prefer, I love getting out at 4).

We were all hoping they'd announce a "half" day today, but no such luck. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_you-guys-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1fa2f5b5-8232-4e6f-9331-31a33a1377a5Post:408f8291-cd91-49cf-bfa5-011ca8a587b9">Re: You guys. It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Still, what's a 5-FU pump?  I get to work at 6:30am 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

It's a continuous infusion pump for a drug called 5-fluorouracil, a drug used for a lot of gastrointestinal cancers.

And I get to work at 6:30 too! Our hours are supposedly 6:30-16:30, but I end up leaving at 17 or after most of the time. The longest I've been here is 12 hours. Also we never take lunch because there's no time :|.

• Thank god for the weekend. My stomach has been acting up since wednesday. I feel like I constantly have to poo, but I've pooed so much that there's nothing left. Stupid butthole!!!Don't have any sharp tummy aches, so I don't think its a bug. I'm just not sure what the hell is going on. But I had to come to work to finish up our budget submission and take care of a few things. I might be leaving though, once that is done.
    And I hate hate hate taking sick leave.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_you-guys-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1fa2f5b5-8232-4e6f-9331-31a33a1377a5Post:91d2bdda-5faa-4d6c-82c7-fa80b2b9fc29">Re: You guys. It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Danser, I really hope it goes well! Might be a little harder because his cats are older. That 12 year old is probably set in his/her ways haha Normally I work 7-4:30. While my coworker is out I'm working 6:30-4 (which I prefer, I love getting out at 4). We were all hoping they'd announce a "half" day today, but no such luck. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]
    I like being able to leave work at 4 as well, gives me the rest of the day to get things done without it feeling like it's late at night.  I just wish I could stay up later during the week days.
    I imagine his cats will be pretty scared and will hide a lot at first.  It may take awhile though for them to get used to each other. I'm not sure how my cats will even react....

Anniversary

• Hello Friday!

I usually leave at 4pm on Fridays, and 4:30pm most other days. I haaate getting home later than 6:00pm (I have an hour commute, usually). Feels like my evening is cut so short.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_you-guys-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1fa2f5b5-8232-4e6f-9331-31a33a1377a5Post:d1be4424-f2dd-4a2f-972e-49d3087d057b">Re: You guys. It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello Friday! I usually leave at 4pm on Fridays, and 4:30pm most other days. I haaate getting home later than 6:00pm (I have an hour commute, usually). Feels like my evening is cut so short.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

That's one good thing about where we live -- I'm seven miles from the clinic, so it's about a 20 minute commute. Tyler works farther from home (like a 30-40 minute commute because it's all Interstate), but his hours are normally 6-15, so he doesn't hit any traffic there or back.

• edited August 2012
    Yay Friday! We're going home this weekend to visit my grandpa who is not doing well. Also, we bought a bushel of corn from our CSA and are going to shuck it, cut it off the cob, and freeze it. It will be nice to relax and just do something mindless for a while.

danser- yay for bf moving in!! I hope your cats get along and that everything goes well!
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Thanks moo cow. You always have great food projects. I love it.

En route to work I pass a high school I take all local roads, so during the summer my commute is 10-15 but during the school year it's 15-20.  I won't complain though.

Anniversary

• I totally missed that your BF is starting to move in this weekend! How exciting, Danser!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_you-guys-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1fa2f5b5-8232-4e6f-9331-31a33a1377a5Post:bda08a41-9ce6-4916-b71f-039ab0e00ccd">Re: You guys. It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totally missed that your BF is starting to move in this weekend! How exciting, Danser!
    Thanks, I'm pretty excited.  I'm mostly nervous about our cats mixing and how that will work out.  I will have to keep you all posted.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_you-guys-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1fa2f5b5-8232-4e6f-9331-31a33a1377a5Post:7acf1829-36fa-4fc6-af42-558bc94ccd11">Re: You guys. It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You guys. It's Friday! : That's one good thing about where we live -- I'm seven miles from the clinic, so it's about a 20 minute commute. Tyler works farther from home (like a 30-40 minute commute because it's all Interstate), but his hours are normally 6-15, so he doesn't hit any traffic there or back.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping to either get permission to work remotely in the near future, as a lot of my work is remote anywho, or look for work closer to my new house once I've gained enough experience in my current field. I've only had this job 2 and a half years at this point. That is my plan for the near future, but probably not as "near" as I'd like.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_you-guys-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1fa2f5b5-8232-4e6f-9331-31a33a1377a5Post:50ef9ae2-ca9f-442c-98e0-51537f98ab6c">Re: You guys. It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank god for the weekend. My stomach has been acting up since wednesday. I feel like I constantly have to poo, but I've pooed so much that there's nothing left. Stupid butthole!!!Don't have any sharp tummy aches, so I don't think its a bug. I'm just not sure what the hell is going on. But I had to come to work to finish up our budget submission and take care of a few things. I might be leaving though, once that is done. And I hate hate hate taking sick leave.
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

<div>STOP EATING SALAD, BEAN. DUH.</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_you-guys-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1fa2f5b5-8232-4e6f-9331-31a33a1377a5Post:7acf1829-36fa-4fc6-af42-558bc94ccd11">Re: You guys. It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You guys. It's Friday! : That's one good thing about where we live -- I'm seven miles from the clinic, so it's about a 20 minute commute. Tyler works farther from home (like a 30-40 minute commute because it's all Interstate), but his hours are normally 6-15, so he doesn't hit any traffic there or back.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>Same thing here. My commute is 10 minutes on the light rail. Sean works about 35 minutes from home but he's going away from NYC so he's going against the traffic to and from work. </div>

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_you-guys-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1fa2f5b5-8232-4e6f-9331-31a33a1377a5Post:2b80e5b5-9c05-46e9-9649-1492d76c5d17">Re: You guys. It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay Friday! We're going home this weekend to visit my grandpa who is not doing well. Also, we bought a bushel of corn from our CSA and are going to shuck it, cut it off the cob, and freeze it. It will be nice to relax and just do something mindless for a while. danser- yay for bf moving in!! I hope your cats get along and that everything goes well!
    Posted by mookow86[/QUOTE]

<div>Aw Moo, I hope your grandpa is ok.</div>

• thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_you-guys-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1fa2f5b5-8232-4e6f-9331-31a33a1377a5Post:5c7f3aa6-cd5d-43b0-8064-16f661c69249">Re: You guys. It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You guys. It's Friday! : Same thing here. My commute is 10 minutes on the light rail. Sean works about 35 minutes from home but he's going away from NYC so he's going against the traffic to and from work. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I wish Nashville had light rail or any sort of public transit that wasn't an undependable bus system. The public transit was one of my favorite parts of living in Berlin. Tyler lost his mind when we were in NYC because he'd never been somewhere with proper public transit.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_you-guys-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1fa2f5b5-8232-4e6f-9331-31a33a1377a5Post:d1be4424-f2dd-4a2f-972e-49d3087d057b">Re: You guys. It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello Friday! I usually leave at 4pm on Fridays, and 4:30pm most other days. I haaate getting home later than 6:00pm (I have an hour commute, usually). Feels like my evening is cut so short.

This is why I love living in a smaller area. My drive is 10 mins (6 miles). Fi only has one mile to go.

We were going to go camping this weekend but we are sick of not being home so we are staying home and getting some house stuff done. We also have to shop for engagement pic clothes since that is one week from tomorrow eek!

• For those who are my friends on Facebook, I just read to my coworkers the excerpt from Sacred Hunger that I posted on my wall last night. They were all very embarrassed, which made me laugh.

• I'm really excited to move out to where we are moving. I currently live and work in dense areas. My new neighborhood has lots and lots of open space... for now. I think it won't be like that forever, but for now it is a relief/plus.

• YAY for Friday. This month has sucked for me work-wise, so I'm excited for it to be over. Just gotta get through the next 8 hours, then I can finally relax. BF got paid today, so he wants to do something fun tonight. I don't know - I've had a terrible toothache for the past few weeks that just recently got really really bad. I have an appointment on Thursday but I'm not sure how much fun I'll be until then. Hoping some booze helps lessen the pain!

Tomorrow we're going upstate to a party his old roommate is throwing. I'm actually more excited to see that guy's dog than anything else! Before BF and I moved in together, I always wanted to go to his apartment because I knew there was an awesome yellow lab for me to play with - and I get to see him tomorrow - yay! I'm also really hoping that BF's other old roommate and his wife bring their new baby. I've seen so many pictures of it - and she's BEAUTIFUL - that I'd just love to get to meet her finally. 

Also - thank god for three day weekends. Yessss.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This week went so slow! And I so need the extra day on Monday.

FI starts back on his freelancing tonight, covering HS football games. So, I'm going to tan after work. I just started a week ago for the first time. . .wow, never thought I'd actually like it. So bad for you though. It's just for the wedding I tell myself.

Saturday I work and then am going to pay off the florist and then go shopping for some odds and ends.

Hopefully I get to relax just a little here and there this weekend between wedding things. I need it. And I need to not kill any of his family members. That will be the real trial of the weekend!
  • just took Bax to the vet and scheduled my foot surgery.  ready for the weekend, we plan on getting a ton of yardwork and housework done.  no BBQs or anything planned, so I guess we'll just have to grill something up in the backyard!

we loved the public transportation in Boston.  we have nothing like that here...  too bad, because we'd use it!
  • No good public transit for me either.  Lots of time spent in the car most weeks.  Oh well.

YESTERDAY was actually my Friday but I didn't go home to the mountains because I'm doing my boudoir shoot today!!  Have a mani-pedi in a little bit, then the shoot this afternoon.  Really excited!  And nervous!  I just hope I don't look like a fat-ass and/or feel completely ridiculous!

PS - 29 more wakeups!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards