Virginia-Richmond

David's Bridal Richmond

Hi all,

This is my first post on the boards!  I've been engaged since January.  Fiancé and I are planning a November 21 wedding in Charlottesville.  Am presently looking for a gown and have found the David's Bridal in Richmond to be the closest location for this chain.  Any recent experiences?  Can anyone recommend a consultant for me to request?  I'll be heading over there the first week of June.

TIA!

Re: David's Bridal Richmond

• edited December 2011
    Which one are you talking about? I went to the one by Tuckernuck Rd and Broad. I had a good experience and my dress was awesome. The best part was that I outgrew my dress and undergarments considerably before my fitting (the gaining weight part wasnt good, but what happend). They were very accomadating and agreed to exchange the under fluff for free and they built a corset back to do my bigger size. My seamstress was great and i had no problems. Unfortunately I cannot remember he name and searched through my cards and could not find her. At any rate, Ive had not so good experiences with DB as a bridesmaid, but this worked out really well.
  • scpalmtree06scpalmtree06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, the one on Broad is the one I'm talking about (I believe it's the only one in Richmond, according to the DB website).  Thanks for the feedback!  Smile
  • dinajonesdinajones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have to request Casey.  She is absolutely the best.  I am very indecisive and she was very patient.  She went over and beyond to help me with my many requests.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia-richmond_davids-bridal-richmond?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:607Discussion:417e6dcf-07b6-42e9-86d5-5b23d64465ecPost:c594c825-0e2e-494b-9e5d-7f0ae8b4eb14">Re: David's Bridal Richmond</a>:
    [QUOTE]You have to request Casey.  She is absolutely the best.  I am very indecisive and she was very patient.  She went over and beyond to help me with my many requests.
    Posted by dinajones@hotmail.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip!  I will definitely request her then. :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Major bummer!  I just called for my appointment and the woman said Casey no longer worked there. :(  Oh well, hopefully I'll still have a good experience!
  • ladydi31ladydi31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard Recee is also very good, I was bummed I could not use her when I went there!
  • edited December 2011
    It's a little farther down the road, but Sestra Bridal in Chester was AMAZING.  Lots of gowns in lots of prices, really reasonable alterations, and wonderful folks.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • edited December 2011
    The DBin Richmond is actually quite good. I've heard LOTS of negative comments about other DB on other boards...but I have to say that for the most part the whole entire staff at our DB is great...not too pushy and very helpful! I've been there for wedding dresses, BM dresses, FG dress, MOB & MOG dresses and each experience was a great one! If you don't find a dress there may I also suggest Alfred Angelo's and Jingles. Alfred Angelo's has dresses in the same price range as DB...but Jingles is a bit more expensive. But the customer service in both places are great! :) GL!
    August 2010 Final Siggy Challenge-Favorite pic of FI & I
    PhotobucketDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at DB...had a wonderful experience there!  Staff was very helpful, although if you go on a busy day, expect your consultant to be working with at least one other girl at the same time.  Tiffany's Bridal and Bella Rosa in Richmond are also fantastic.  In Charlottesville you can try the one on the Downtown Mall, West Main Bridal...I looked there for BM dresses and it looked like they had a good selection of wedding gowns.  good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The DB in Richmond is great! I got my dress there as well as my bridal party dresses. One of my best friends and bridesmaids works there when she is home on breaks from school. I worked with Ryan when I went and he was really great.

I would def. recommend going during the week if at all possible. It is so busy in there on weekends you may not be able to get the attention that you need and deserve.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm back and glad to say that I had a great experience at DB in Richmond!  Lynne was our consultant and was very helpful without being pushy.  I was honest with her that we had appointments elsewhere, and she was cool with that, and then thrilled for us when we walked back in 2 days later wanting to order a dress I tried on with her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards