Not Engaged Yet

Interesting Birthday NEVER USE 1800 FLOWERS- you will probably laugh

My Birthday was June 23 and I needed a swimsuit so he got me a beutiful Freya bathing-suit. It was not cheap and I thought "dianu" it would have been enough , really even if he bought me nothing it would be OK. Well Thursday I went to class, put my brothers in the car to drive up to his house on the way to PA. 

He was being wierd about wanting me to stay home longer and after that conversation had told me not to worry about it. At 3pm ( I been on the road 2 hrs in 95 traffic) I get a phone call from this weird guy being very short asking for my home address and for turn by turn directions to my house. When I asked who he was and why he needed it he said he had a package. A package? yea flowers , From where? a flower shop. I informed the person I am not home at this point and can not accept delivery.
I asked my BF did he orders flowers and he acted like I was crazy and it certainly wasn't him.
I started freaking out my house was broken into a few years ago with my grandmothers engagement ring stolen (it broke my heart)
I ask the BF again and he denied it
I called my mom frantically but couldnt reach her
my brothers were fast asleep in the car ( along with the dogs , it was cute)
I called one of my other brothers who was still at home with the number  to call the police to report the strange phone call and only after I got Aaron to call Joe did Aaron realize  what had happened while he was asleep and what he had just done " Jordan got you flowers, it was him, he did it , we all knew it was him"  Aaron called my BF at work in a panic " just tell her it from you she worried about the house and she ready to turn around and go back to the house"

Make a long story short the flowers were coming from 1800 flowers and he had a note attached to them that said DO NOT CALL HER THESE ARE A SURPRISE ... when i called to complain about the customer service and how they messed up my day with this mess they told me they didn't have the note and  after i called back a second time they magically found it and when they asked me what they could do to make it better I told them that I really don't want the flowers at least from that shop with the unprofessional driver anymore and I rather have the money refunded to my bf.  

I get to bf we get the luggage transfered go out to dinner and came to the conclusion that i dont want to even see the flowers and i would rather put the money back in his pocket and i felt like everyone was laughing at me. ( I felt so embarrassed that i freaked out thinking someone was going to try to break into my house)  We get our fill of awesome Chinese food and a fortune cookie reads " keep your surprises secret for now"
I laughed and then I read it out to my BF and brothers and we all had a big laugh.

I dont know how much the flowers were but yesterday we got me a much needed new purse. I know have something that I can keep on me all the time to remind me of him.

Re: Interesting Birthday NEVER USE 1800 FLOWERS- you will probably laugh

• IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    OMG.... that is hilarious and terrible all at the same time!! I would've been freakin' out too!! Glad it all got settled. PIP the new purse!
  • DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um...this story is weird. All over flowers. I know it was "YOUR DAY!!!!!!!111!!!!!" but really? 

Congrats on the expensive swimsuit, flowers which totes ruined your day and the new purse. 

I continue to be puzzled. I also continue to use 1-800 flowers since I've never had a problem with them. When I order, I always put MY number in the box, even though they ask for the home owners number, because I can direct them if they get lost trying to deliver. 
  • edited December 2011
    I love 1-800-FLOWERS.  I've used them to buy flowers for other people, and the times I've received flowers from them they've been gorgeous and good quality.  I guess you just had a bad experience!
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Have you posted an intro thread?
    I am also a little confused....
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited December 2011
    see , i dont know why he put my number down? I also don't understand why he didnt want to tell me he ordered me flowers becouse the phone call from the delivery guy already ruined it , right?

It still one of the sweetest things and even though at the time it played havoc with my nerves I will look back on this birthday and laugh

He told me do not try to send flowers to his job because security would not be happy with him. 
     we are still joking about all this. His birthday is TODAY and he asked me what his gift is and would i give him a clue I told him " it is defiantly not flowers" HAHA

I think we both agree to save us issues in the future any flowers he will delivery personally or suggest what  DanielKA  said dont put my cell number down 

• SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Uhm.  Really?  This is a very weird story to tell to a board full of people you've not really communicated with.  I also don't really understand why you got sooo upset that you didn't even want to SEE the flowers your BF so thoughtfully ordered for your birthday.

Also, you should probably stop thinking so much about your wedding until you're engaged:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_meshing-levels-of-obervance
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interesting-birthday-never-use-1800-flowers-will-probably-laugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7b03c438-2ea1-40cc-978a-0a03519bce3cPost:f06ea78c-049f-4236-8fdf-4daf66c1013c">Interesting Birthday NEVER USE 1800 FLOWERS- you will probably laugh</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Birthday was June 23 and I needed a swimsuit so he got me a beutiful Freya bathing-suit. It was not cheap and I thought "dianu" it would have been enough , really even if he bought me nothing it would be OK. Well Thursday I went to class, put my brothers in the car to drive up to his house on the way to PA.  He was being wierd about wanting me to stay home longer and after that conversation had told me not to worry about it. At 3pm ( I been on the road 2 hrs in 95 traffic) I get a phone call from this weird guy being very short asking for my home address and for turn by turn directions to my house. When I asked who he was and why he needed it he said he had a package. A package? yea flowers , From where? a flower shop. I informed the person I am not home at this point and can not accept delivery. I asked my BF did he orders flowers and he acted like I was crazy and it certainly wasn't him. I started freaking out my house was broken into a few years ago with my grandmothers engagement ring stolen (it broke my heart) I ask the BF again and he denied it I called my mom frantically but couldnt reach her my brothers were fast asleep in the car ( along with the dogs , it was cute) I called one of my other brothers who was still at home with the number  to call the police to report the strange phone call and only after I got Aaron to call Joe did Aaron realize  what had happened while he was asleep and what he had just done " Jordan got you flowers, it was him, he did it , we all knew it was him"  Aaron called my BF at work in a panic " just tell her it from you she worried about the house and she ready to turn around and go back to the house" Make a long story short the flowers were coming from 1800 flowers and he had a note attached to them that said DO NOT CALL HER THESE ARE A SURPRISE ... when i called to complain about the customer service and how they messed up my day with this mess they told me they didn't have the note and  after i called back a second time they magically found it and when they asked me what they could do to make it better I told them that I really don't want the flowers at least from that shop with the unprofessional driver anymore and I rather have the money refunded to my bf.   I get to bf we get the luggage transfered go out to dinner and came to the conclusion that i dont want to even see the flowers and i would rather put the money back in his pocket and i felt like everyone was laughing at me. ( I felt so embarrassed that i freaked out thinking someone was going to try to break into my house)  We get our fill of awesome Chinese food and a fortune cookie reads " keep your surprises secret for now" I laughed and then I read it out to my BF and brothers and we all had a big laugh. I dont know how much the flowers were but yesterday we got me a much needed new purse. I know have something that I can keep on me all the time to remind me of him.
    Posted by artisticjewishbride2013[/QUOTE]
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • edited December 2011
    OK Jordan called my whole family because he had ordered flowers for me and had this plan that if I wasnt home he just get my mom to accept them and bring them up with her to PA.

These flowers were not expected , He already spoiled me when he got me a swimsuit that i needed since I didnt have one and i cant just go to any store to get a top due to my bra size. 

I got a call from a person I dont know who had my address but wanted me to verify my address and give him directions to my house. would not tell me what company he was with.
     I had my house broken into while i was at work Aug 2009 and had all my family's jewelry stolen. My mom and Brother were home because my mom was coming up the next day and my brother had to work this past weekend.

My bf likes to be sarcastic from time to time so when I texted him to ask him had he ordered flowers and he texted back like he had no clue what i was talking about and still didnt come clean when i told him that if it wasnt him then who else could it be so I was going to call the police.  Only my direct family and a few friends have my cell number. He still didnt come clean and he refused to until I woke up my brother who was napping in the front sleep when we got off the highway to drop my dogs off at "puppy camp"  to call Joe with the number and situation then call Jordan to leave a voice mail.

Everyone is laughing at the situation except me who about to tear up from embarrassment and I felt so bad for yelling at Jordan for tricking me and denying it. 

At the end of the day 1800 flowers messed up and they apologized to me over the phone and wrote Jordan a personal email from the supervisor of customer service for messing up his order and the delivery drivers unprofessional phone manners. They apologized to him on the phone when he called to cancel the order.  I'm sorry  answering the phone YO is unacceptable.

I only received flowers through 1800 flowers a few times in my life but usually it was in a box with the flowers having it be put in a vase  and I been very happy with the flowers where this was an arrangement that had to be made at a local florist shop and delivered. 

• tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I don't get it.

• lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm confused.

Hrm...

But- I have had really good luck with 1-800-Flowers actually.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interesting-birthday-never-use-1800-flowers-will-probably-laugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7b03c438-2ea1-40cc-978a-0a03519bce3cPost:9c01771f-084f-457f-b0dd-7bf2675f7bee">Re: Interesting Birthday NEVER USE 1800 FLOWERS- you will probably laugh</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I'm confused.</strong> Hrm... But- I have had really good luck with 1-800-Flowers actually.
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

I think we all are because OP seems not to know how to form proper sentences.  Reading that mess gave me a headache.
    IMG_6364
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Why did you post this? 
    People will laugh at your for the rest of you life, let it go. 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interesting-birthday-never-use-1800-flowers-will-probably-laugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7b03c438-2ea1-40cc-978a-0a03519bce3cPost:c93c713c-592f-4c99-903f-0300642135da">Re: Interesting Birthday NEVER USE 1800 FLOWERS- you will probably laugh</a>:
    [QUOTE]so when I texted him to ask him had he ordered flowers . . .
    Posted by artisticjewishbride2013[/QUOTE]

<div>Ignoring the confusing sentence structure, you need to stop texting and driving.</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    This is a bit rough! You say in your header NEVER USE 1800 FLOWERS. 

But then in your story, apart from one delivery guy (who, to be fair, DID have your number as the contact number, which seems more to be a mistake on your BF's part) it seems that the service you have recieved from this company in acknowledging and righting the error made, as well as the experiences you've had previously, have all been positive. So, yeah, I think other people should ignore yoru advice to avoid this vendor.

Also, this is a long and rambly post for a whole bunch of people who have no idea who you are.
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interesting-birthday-never-use-1800-flowers-will-probably-laugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7b03c438-2ea1-40cc-978a-0a03519bce3cPost:daf4956a-e04e-4701-85ee-3ac7641db027">Re: Interesting Birthday NEVER USE 1800 FLOWERS- you will probably laugh</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is a bit rough! You say in your header NEVER USE 1800 FLOWERS.  But then in your story, apart from one delivery guy (who, to be fair, DID have your number as the contact number, which seems more to be a mistake on your BF's part) it seems that the service you have recieved from this company in acknowledging and righting the error made, as well as the experiences you've had previously, have all been positive. So, yeah, I think other people should ignore yoru advice to avoid this vendor. Also, this is a long and rambly post for a whole bunch of people who have no idea who you are.
    Posted by scooterpie7[/QUOTE]

All very good points.
    IMG_6364
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards