Wedding Party

Honorary Bridesmaids...

I'm watching Say Yes to the Dress-Bridesmaids and this this girl has 11 bridesmaids and 4 honorary bridemaids, and she is making the honorary bridesmaids buy dresses.  Apparently she can't make them all bridesmaids because there aren't enough groomsmen...I'm kind of dying watching this.  It's hard to believe that people really act like this.  Has anyone actually seen this happen?

Re: Honorary Bridesmaids...

• Luckily I've never encountered this situation in real life... only seen it on tv and the internet. I keep hoping it's not real.
    Are the honorary bridesmaids wearing the same dress at the bridesmaids?
  • I think I saw part of this episode and the staff were of the opinion that the bride was an idiot for doing this.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Did you see the bride tonight who had twelve regular bridesmaids and twelve "biblical" bridesmaids?
  • Biblical bridesmaids?  That's a new one to me!  

The staff did think she was kind of an idiot for having honorary bridesmaids...I guess I was more shocked that her "friends" would stand for that kind of treatment.  Some of the regular bridesmaids were semi offended that the honorary bridesmaids would be wearing the same dress.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_honorary-bridesmaids-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:f5b022e5-4857-4775-aec6-ca33817f96e8Post:e88f23ae-03db-4de0-a4dd-485d793a7c6e">Re: Honorary Bridesmaids...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Biblical bridesmaids?  That's a new one to me!   The staff did think she was kind of an idiot for having honorary bridesmaids...I guess I was more shocked that her "friends" would stand for that kind of treatment.  Some of the regular bridesmaids were semi offended that the honorary bridesmaids would be wearing the same dress.
    Posted by freebread03[/QUOTE]
    It just seems so pointless.

I tried to google what a biblical bridesmaid is... and I just got another forum that said something about the episode pp is probably talking about.
  • I saw both of these episodes! If a bride asked me to be an 'honorary' bridesmaid I would be incredibly offended. Sometimes I wonder if people come up with this stuff just to get on TV- kind of like some of the stuff on Bridezillas- it's so ridiculous. 
    The bride described her "Biblical Bridesmaids" as bridesmaids who hold candles down the aisle lighting the way for the bride "like they did in Biblical times". I have no idea if that's true, but that was her reasoning...
  • H was in a wedding and the girl had 8 BM's and 4 honorary BM's. The honorary BM's wore reverse of the BM's in that the BM's wore a blue dress with black sash, and the honorary BM's wore black dress with blue sash. It was a logistical nightmare in the tiny chapel.
  • I love that these girls always throw "honorary" as if it's an honor to be important enough to the bride to shell out a ton of money for a dress/shower/bachelorette party but not important enough to stand next to her during the ceremony. Grow up and actually pick people instead of trying to people please your way through life. 
  • Wow...way to let your friends know exactly how important they are to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards