November 2011 Weddings

**NOV. 11, 2011 BRIDES**...CEREMONY TIME???

Hi fellow Knotties! So excited to be here. My wed is 11/11/11....SURPRISE....what popular d8, rt? lol....so I am having a dilemma on the time the ceremony should begin. Since it is a Friday and peeps have to work, I'm afraid of not having anyone show up at the ceremony!! What time are my d8 twins starting your ceremony??Kiss
100 Invited image image 68 Are coming to party! image 24 Are party poopers! image 8 slackers! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: **NOV. 11, 2011 BRIDES**...CEREMONY TIME???

• We are having our ceremony at 6:30pm.  But you should keep in mind, that although it is a Friday, it is also a holiday, Veterans Day so not everyone will have to work. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • OMG..that is so true...I forgot all about the holiday...lol. Thank you so much.
    100 Invited image image 68 Are coming to party! image 24 Are party poopers! image 8 slackers! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our ceremony starts at 5. Our wedding is 4 hours away from where we live to, we know most people will have to take the day off...
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Just something to think about--if you want photographs outside, the sun sets earlier in November! Like 4 to 5 in the afternoon...that's why we chose a 2:30 ceremony.
    Hope that helps!
  • We are having our's at 6:11pm. So if folks are cutting out early for any work they only take alittle time off and then the important folks will be taking the whole day of course.
  • To accommodate the lack of sunlight we're taking our pictures before the ceremony starting around 2 - 2:30 pm.
  • Mine will be at 5:30 or 6 pm. We can't start parking until 5 because it's in a small city space where the venue shares the parking lot with the municipal building. So that's the only wrench in the plan, but otherwise...the venue provides a candlelight ceremony outside with colored lanterns and everything...it's gorgeous. :)
    November 2011 Brides *April* Siggy Challenge

Honeymoon in Ireland
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • yay go us :o) Thanks for letting us know. I didn't know it was a holiday too. I'm thinking 5
  • We are getting married 11/11/11 as well in PA.  My sister researched and sunset will begin at 4:49pm so we are going to do pics outside before our ceremony which will really start at 6:30, but we are telling the guests 6.  That way those people who get stuck in traffic won't be walking in, in the middle of the ceremony. we are having it all in the same place in the same room to cut down on travel time so everyone can enjoy the reception right away.  They will just be sitting in their seats at their tables and we are setting up an arch and alter type area that the people at the ceremony/reception site will take away as soon as the ceremony is over.  It is only going to be about 20 minutes.  
  • I'm torn between 6 and 6:30. I like the 6:11pm idea, maybe I'll shoot for that!
  • I am getting maaried in Jamaica at 10am... so married on 11/11/11 by 11am!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we are doing a destination weddings and aren't sure if we should do 11am or 4pm like we originally thought.
  • 7PM

Not many people actually get that holiday off..
  • We're doing an outdoor ceremony, indoor reception and originally planned for 6:30 ceremony. But may push it up to 5:45 so we can have more of the dusk light. We're going to do First Look photos earlier in the afternoon so we'll have most photos out of the way.

My immediate family all work for the government so they'll be off and we have a lot of out of towners so taking half or full days off would be needed already. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards