Hawaii

Feedback requested: Invites!

Aloha!  I can't believe the how quickly time is flying by.  Our plan is to letterpress our invites (um, yeah, we built our own press for giggles) and possibly put them into a pocket fold, like this:

Layout-5

Here's what we're thinking for the left panel:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1099/5110899055_68334eccce.jpg

And the right panel:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4087/5111500134_2bface4a3b.jpg

Separate RSVP cards with return envelopes.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1102/5111747574_08a22d8e45.jpg

Thoughts / suggestions / faus pas?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Feedback requested: Invites!

• edited December 2011
    1) I love them!

2) Is Mala at the hotel? Otherwise I'd consider including it on the map too... It just feels a bit empty to me. Maybe a couple of Maui highlights?
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Alyson!  Yes, Mala is at the Marriott -- we figured that would be easiest for folks to make it.  Good suggestion on including some highlights -- let me see what we can do.  We definitely tried to err a bit on the sparse side given that we'll be letterpressing them ourselves and worried about the ink bleeding a bit, but I think we can add a few minor things :-)

Appreciate it!
  • edited December 2011
    They look seriously great. How exactly does one letterpress something? You should totally describe it in your bio. I'm sure there are a TON of brides who would be inspired by you!
  • mauilove2011mauilove2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the invites!

And wow, that is so impressive that you're letterpressing them yourselves! We spent so long tossing up between letterpressing and offset printing and ended up going with offset as I found a designer I really wanted to work with that only worked with offset but really love the feel of letterpress. Just starting the design process for ours now (getting married a week after you). 

Mala has amazing food huh! I've eaten there a few times and kept having the coconut shrimp and beet and goat's cheese salad as so delicious! Wanted to have our welcome drinks/farewell brunch there but too far from Kaanapali where our guests are staying and the Lahaina location is a bit out of the way. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!

If we can actually get the letterpress to work, I'll be sure to post & share.  I think financially, it's probably a wash, but we had a ton of fun working in the garage & mocking up our own design, and well, the FI got to play with power tools so we figured it was no different than paying for a day for entertainment.  :-)

I am loving the Crane 220# paper, but worried that 2 sheets of that + pocket + RVSP card + envelope = will not fit inside a 5x7 to be mailed.  May have to default to 110#.  We shall see!

And mauilove, thanks for the info on Mala.  I am torn between having my rehearsal dinner there, or at Haliimale, which is my FI's favorite restaurant, ever.  I've never eaten at Mala, but his nephews are 3 and 5 so the "family" is requesting Mala so it's more convenient for the boys to leave early for bed.  You've made the compromise a little less painful for me.  :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Looks beautiful!!! Very impressive :)
    Ben & Jenn Nov 27, 2010 Oahu
    Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards