Kentucky-Louisville

Blocking Hotel Rooms?

90% of my guest are coming from out of town. Some are traveling pretty far and I would like to block rooms off at one or two hotels. But I also want a decent rate for my travelers. Any suggestions on hotels or how do I go about doing that. I went to a couple of bridal shows and did not see any hotels there being represented. Help please :o)

Re: Blocking Hotel Rooms?

• A lot of my guests are coming from out of town too and I am also getting married in a hotel. I am in the same dilemma you are. I called a few hotels including the hotel I am getting married in and they didn't offer any discounted rate. They said the guests would have better luck using AAA. However my soon to be brother-in-law got married at the Galt House and he said they offered a discounted rate. I don't see discounts for hotel rooms as much as I used to several years ago. If you do happen to find anything, especially downtown, post it on here!! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I blocked my rooms several months ago---but you can definitely check them out.  I have a block @ Courtyard by Marriott Louisville East. It's located at I-64 and Hurstbourne. Normally rooms there run between $99-109 and my guests are getting them for $69/night.

To set it up, I just went to Marriott.com and inquired about a group block and I think I got to select my location.  Then I was contacted by email by their sales department. Definitely check it out!

Hope that helps!
  • I did a block of rooms at Ramada Inn on Zorn Ave. They gave us a rate of $64 a night for anyone that booked with our wedding. We booked there since we are getting married at Mellwood and all of my FI's family is coming from PA and MD and I have people from AL and TN.
    imageAnniversary
  • I used hotelplanner.com. You type in what you want and hotels that match your criteria place bids. It's atleast a good place to start.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards