Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

AWish...hair chop

I have been annoyed with my hair more times than not the past couple months and was gung ho about chopping it off after the wedding. And now I'm scared! It is SO long and I love it and it has been annoying me as much lately...but I'm ready for a change...but not just a color change...but my hair is SO long! AGH! I know it's just hair and it will grow back...but it took like 2 years to get this long...I'm afraid I'll miss it so much when it's gone....someone tell me to just do it and it'll be alright! Eff me!

And chopping off something like this...

Cut 1

or

Cut 2:
http://www.ayushveda.com/tipson/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/hairstyles-12.jpg

Re: AWish...hair chop

• edited December 2011
    I went through the same thing. I had been planning to cut my hair for a year or two and told DH I was cutting it as soon as we got back from the HM. My eyes welled up when she made the first cut, but let me tell you I love my short hair and it's so much easier to deal with! It will take some getting used to if you do it, but for me it was so worth it! There have been maybe two or three times that I wished I had it back but I'm really glad I cut it.
  • jsauer74jsauer74 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go for it! Cut #1 isn't as short as the other so it will not be as frightening...once you cut it if you want to go shorter then you can go more towards cut #2. My vote....DO IT!!!
    Jen Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is how my hair is now...

straight:

curly:
    this is the best picture I have of how I wear it most days...it is naturally like that if I spiral it in a ringlet in a low ponytail. I seperate it in the morning. I think that is what I will miss most.

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well as a person with baby fine, thin hair, I can't imagine chopping that beautiful hair off!  But if you're ready do it!  I love #2 and saved the pic for my own self--I really want to cut what's left of mine but Ben is whining--I want something where I can still wear extensions sometimes if he wants me to.  But I'm hoping he'll just like it short!
  • JessAndColtonJessAndColton member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I love cut 2 and think it would look great on you.

I have the opposite problem. I love my hair long and my DH keeps hinting at me cutting it. ugh! Everyone tells him he is crazy, but he just wants something "different:"
  • Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never thought I would cut my hair short, but I did and I love it! I just decided that I was ready for a change. I had always had long straight hair. I thought about it for a couple of weeks and talked to my stylist about it, but I have no regrets. I think you should go for it!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do love my long hair...very much...to some degree I think it kind of identifies me because not a lot of people have hair this long...maybe that is why I am struggling so much. But I am *so* ready for a change!

My hair is naturally curly and fine but not baby fine. It does grow pretty fast...I'm just not a fan of the inbetween stages of growing it out!  But who is...

I made an appt for Saturday to get it cut.

Someone should go with me to hold my hand lmao!(and to make sure I go heh)

jk...sorta...

Pretty sure I'm going to go with cut 1...UndecidedLaughingCryFoot in mouth
  • sksegovia@sksksegovia@sk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think #2 is cute. As long as you have thin hair this style would go great, especially with the cute face you have. I wish I could do it, but my hair is thick with medium curls, so would have to blow dry it every day to look that nice... :(
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Apple, I wish I could go with you and cut mine too.

Jess, don't you DARE cut off that hair!  Aaagh!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Come on over! It is only costing me $20 bucks :p

It would be easier on me haha!
  • JessAndColtonJessAndColton member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Stephie,

haha. I won't.  Eventually I will, but I really like my hair long right now.
  • edited December 2011

Do it Apple! It will grow back. My hairdresser caught more than I expected after the wedding but really it felt good, and three month's later it has grown back in quite a bit. It will be refreshing and fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards