Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Bummed.. Venue Recommendations?

The two venues I was most interested in, Tendenza and the Atrium at the Curtis Center are pretty much booked solid for the months we're looking to have our wedding (November and December of this year.) Doing it later is probably not an option for us. I need some more recommendations for venues with that kind of feel to them. I don't really like tradional ballrooms. As far as budget, I probably don't want to go over $150 a person and less would be better. I wanted a wedding in the city, but am open to other places as well. I'm so bummed, I kind of had my heart set on Tendenza. I knew they probably wouldn't have any Saturdays but I was hoping for a Friday night. Oh well, what can you do. So, any recommendations would be great! Thanks ladies!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bummed.. Venue Recommendations?

• Options
    Have you looked at the Ballroom at the Ben?  I think they're within that budget.  That company also runs Crystal Tea Room, which is also nice (don't know about cost though).  The Loews, while a hotel ballroom, is a bit more modern feeling than the traditional ballroom (tons of windows and marble walls)....and cocktails on the 33rd floor with incredible views.  Their Saturday night rate is slightly outside the budget you mention, but they might work for Friday or Sunday.  Also I've heard good things about the Top of the Tower (and I think they're flexible on price).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Glen Foerd Mansion is really nice...it has an old feel and separate rooms.  I would also check out the Knowlton Mansion on Rhawn Street.  Good Luck!  Personally...I think the Tedenza and Atrium are SOO popular right now and it would be cool to try somewhere different anyways...OOOOhh also try Morris Arboretum.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    the downtown club is next to the curtis center with comparable price & food.
  • Options
    I had my reception at Knowlton Mansion and loved it.  It was amazing.  Many of my guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to.  Conroy Catering, the owners, also do weddings at Glen Foerd, which is also beautiful.  Here is their site:  http://conroycatering.com  They haven't updated their pictures in awhile on the site...do some googling for real weddings at those venues and you will see how amazing the events turn out to be. 
  • Options
    Check out the Foundry in Phoenixville.  It is so different!  You have to bring a caterer in and rent the space at the foundry  so it might be more than what you are looking for but def worth it to check it out!
  • Options
    I'd consider Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts. It's in the city, definitely has a different feel than a typical ballroom and the caterer, Jimmy Duffy's, is FANTASTIC. They are my caterer, although my reception will be at Cairnwood, which is a really cool venue, but outside the city.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Artesano Iron Works has had some good reviews. Looks kinda modern. What about their newer venue Vie?
  • Options
    What about TRUST, The Please Touch Museum, UPenn Museum of Archeology, or the Franklin Institute (that's where I'm having mine—I wanted a unique space, and completely fell in love with it). Good luck. 

Oh and @SVAnH is right...Vie is the new place run by the same people as Tendenza and the Curtis Center, it's right on Broad by Osteria. I have a friend getting married there in October. 
    Engaged on August 13, 2011. Getting married on June 30, 2012 at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, PA
  • Options
    We didnt look at many center city venues during our search, since most of them were over our budget, but we did go to Top of the Tower. Their price is flexible, starting at $130pp... the view was spectacular and the staff was very friendly. Maybe you'll like it?

My future in laws also went to the Ballroom at the Ben last fall for a wedding and they loved it there...but from the pictures they showed me, it seems like it's more a typical ballroom venue...
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! A few of these places were on my list before and then I kind of forgot about them in my love for Tendenza, haha. The Franklin Institute was my dream venue awhile back, but with the site fee, taxes, etc, it's just too expensive. I may have to look outside the city.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I second the Foundry if you want to come out of the city.  It's gorgeous.
  • Options
    If you don't mind going across the river, the Adventure Aquarium hosts weddings as well.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    My husband and I attended a black tie even at Le Méridien Philadelphia last Spring, I was really impressed with the place.  It's a really old building, but decorated with a modern flare.  It was NOT your typical ballroom. I was bummed that we had already booked our wedding venue!

I have no idea what the pricing is like, but I'm sure you could find that out with a quick phone call!

Good luck.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Charlene Piacentini Carey's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    Definitely check out the Penn Museum of Archaeology! The have really unique spaces. They have an exclusive caterer, Wolfgang Puck, but their prices start at only $75 per person for a sit down dinner. The rental of the space is $4500 ($2500 + membership) but the per person price on WP Catering could balance it out. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards