Attire & Accessories Forum

Priscilla of Boston

I never planned on getting married ... until, of course, things started to get serious with the man I'm marrying next year. I always thought if/when the day ever came, I'd wear Priscilla of Boston, but it's not easy to find store who resell new POB dresses that isn't online. With that in mind, does anyone know any store in the US that sells new Priscilla of Boston dresses white preferred, ideally anything strapless w/a mermaid cut? If so, please advise. Thank you! KR

Re: Priscilla of Boston

• GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012

Congrats on your engagement!  Since POB went out of business last year, it might be hard to find an actual dress in a live store.  If a local bridal shop previously carried the line, they may have some leftover samples you could try on and purchase.  I hate to say it, but your best bet might be the resale websites where someone is selling a sample or unworn gown.  I wore a Priscilla gown and found that Amsale carried similar looks at similar pricepoints (there's a flagship store in NYC) - maybe that's an alternative.  Good luck - I hope you find a gown you love! 

• JennluvsPaulJennluvsPaul member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    as the PP already mentioned, the reason you can't find Pricilla of Boston gowns is the company no longer exists; however, there are plenty of other designers that design big luxurious ballgowns like the ones P of B was known for-good luck in your search
  • Thanks for your help.
  • Thanks for your help.
  • RunDogRunDog member
    First Comment
    I don't know if this is true, but I heard that after they went out of business they instructed stores to shred any POB or affiliated designer dresses. This may have only been at actual POB boutiques though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_priscilla-of-boston-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:f2ac8501-c682-4c61-b438-0a1e191dbe12Post:ab979fb0-4f93-41ca-b346-ef2545850a77">Re: Priscilla of Boston</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if this is true, but I heard that after they went out of business they instructed stores to shred any POB or affiliated designer dresses. This may have only been at actual POB boutiques though.
    Posted by vscrivano23[/QUOTE]

I heard this also and I saw them spray painting hot pink on the dresses! Not sure why they did that.
  • Vows Bridal Outlet in MA still has some POB, Melissa Sweet and Vineyard dresses.  www.bridepower.com
  • Yes, apparently Vows is one of my new non-online/non-used options ... if only they weren't all ivory!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards