Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Need Your Ideas! :)

I had 6 bm and 6 gm, but I just found out one of my bm will be studying abroad & can't make it to my wedding. This doesn't bother me to have an uneven number but my fiance, his mother, and my mother are pretty tradional & told me it's pretty much out of the question. This is where I need help! My 16 year old brother was one of the gm so we figured we could take him out & give him a special job, only thing is I have no idea what he could do. I would like something other than a reader or usher, I just can't think of anything. Anyone have any creative ideas I'd really appreciate it! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need Your Ideas! :)

• Have you googled pics of uneven wedding parties to show them?  It just grinds me wrong when caring about numbers is more important than caring about people.

My only suggestion is to have your brother do a reading.  Anything else is a crap job.
  • It really bothers me too, but I'm picking my battles haha haven't tried showing them yet, I'll give it a try though thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    So they would rather you kick YOUR brother out of the wedding party just to make the sides even?  That's so wrong.  You don't kick people out of wedding party.   Well, YOU know this :-)   I can't believe your FMIL even suggested it.

I guess if you really want to you could ask your brother to stand up on YOUR side.  It would still make uneven sides, but your FI and FMIL can't have any say in who YOU choose to stand up for you.  (though, it's still rude to un-ask him to be a groomsman)
    DSC_9275
  • I would tell your mother that your brother being in the wedding is more important than numbers . End of story and don't engage in the topic again. Really she needs to get over it. You sound sane remind her to be sane :
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_need-your-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:c1c7a956-3e79-404e-8ca5-fb01a4970f87Post:c13ee52c-c7d7-4a4e-9a40-8b4a030d0399">Re:Need Your Ideas! :</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would <strong><font color="#0000ff">tell your mother that your brother being in the wedding is more important than numbers . End of story and don't engage in the topic again</font></strong>. Really she needs to get over it. You sound sane remind her to be sane :
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

Agreed. 100%
  • I can't believe that they would even consider kicking one of the groomsmen out of the wedding.  So wrong and inappropriate. 
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards