New Hampshire

Package or no package

I'm trying to figure out if I should go with my venues vendor package or find my own vendors. As of right now I'm leaning towards finding my own vendors because I really do not think the package is going to save me any money. The only reason I would use the package is because I keep being told it makes the cake really cheap. So my question is how much are you/did you pay for your wedding cakes and where did you get it from? TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Package or no package

• edited December 2011
    Mine is from Jaques and is going to feed 150 people.  It has fresh flowers on it, which makes it a little more expensive.  I am doing a 3 tier with a side cake in the back.  It saved money versus doing 4 tiers.  My cake is $610.
    ~~Sabrina~~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a small 3 tier from Jacuqes with a side cake in the back.  I think we paid between $300 - $400.  I also provided my own silk flowers to cut down on the cost.
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    I'm serving around 280 people and our cake is costing $620.  Info is in my bio
  • edited December 2011
    Our cake was included in our venue's standard package (also from Jacques....delish!!) but we did not do the vendor package...we did everything on our own and were really happy with how everything came together.  We didn't need a lot of what came in the package, so we just booked what we did need on our own.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We went with Jaques and did a smaller main cake with a side cake in the back and paid about 300
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I went with Andover Cakes.  I had a 3 layer cake, for 150 people at the cost of $600.00.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Jacques cakes are the best!!! I  did the package -- it depends on the number of people and what the package includes. I had 114 people and the package worked besf for us....Our package included all taxes (about 8%) and all gratuities (18%) -- this is what made the difference.... those $$ really add up!!! Our package also included champagne toast, chair covers/ sashes, a room to stay in that night, floral centerpieces, cake - from Jacques! I know someone else who got married the same day and had about 170 people and the package was not worth it for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards