Military Brides
Options

Shades of Green - Disney Resort

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone has ever been to a wedding or got married at Shades of Green. It's a Disney Resort in Orlando for Military only. A good friend of mine who is in the Air Force mentioned it to me, and now I'm curious about it. I already checked the website, and going to contact the resort in a bit, but I wanted to get feedback from real birdes, and I figured I could start here on TK. If you could please tell me what you thought of the location, and if you were married there, info about your wedding day would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, ladies Smile

Re: Shades of Green - Disney Resort

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been, but I've heard great things about it!  Because it's so discounted, it tends to fill up quickly and far in advance, so I would definitely give them a call ASAP.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never been there but have heard its nice.  The only thing that would scare me about booking there is that we were told  if someone higher ranking than you wants to book a room, they will cancel your reservation to accomodate them if needed.  Thats why we chose not to stay there when we went to Orlando last year.  I would assume that if you have a wedding there they would accomodate your guests, or wouldn't cancel on you, but its definitely worth asking. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We looked into staying there last year for our family vacation.  We priced out several of the other resorts along with SOG.  Because of the deal they were running with the meal plan, the cost was cheaper for us to stay at the Polynesian that it was for us to stay at SOG.  We checked the property out while we were there.  It is very nice and we will probably look into it again next time we go down. 
    Just price things out and compare it to the other properties.  It isn't always the best price out there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    awolfe2awolfe2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never been to a wedding there, but I stayed there with my family one time on vacation. I remember the rooms being very nice (nothing super special, but clean and comfortable).
    I remember the pools were nice too. Sorry I don't have more information, but I was 13 when I went. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards