Outdoor Weddings

Color Help!!!

I have been tring to pick out my wedding colors and have had a miserable time with it. :( We're having an outdoor reception and an indoor reception. I've been looking at orange and purple with dark red and/or light green accents. But I don't want the purple and orange to look gaudy. Any suggestions? I really don't know what I'm doing at all!

Re: Color Help!!!

• Go to lowes or home depot and get color swatches.  Pick out the colors you like and lay them together.  Get other colors you think "might" work.  Take them home, play around with groupings and see what you like best.  There are so many shades of each color you can find something that works.
    image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree with fairy, definitely check out a Lowes, Home Depot, Menard, Wal-Mart etc. and pick out paint swatches. That's what I did.
  • Thanks so much! I found colors that I like and shades that I like, but I wonder if doing Orange and Purple as main colors and Red and Light Green as accent colors is too much? I like how they look together, I just don't want it to end up feeling overpowering or gaudy. What do you think?
  • I think purple and orange by themselves would be fine.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • ReghanReghan member
    First Comment
    I agree with PP, I think two colors would suffice. You want something that works indoors and outdoors, and you'll have plenty of color outdoors already. If you have to have an accent color, I would go with minimal amounts of gold or another neutral color.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • keep in mind that often times, purple flowers have a blue or pink hint. also, orange flowers can be more yellow or red, at times. my florist told me this, and i was glad.

i would definitely pick two colors, and allow your flowers to variate with different tones of those colors; it will still be visually interesting (which i think is what you're going for), and it won't run the risk of being gaudy.
    be kind, for everyone is fighting some sort of battle.
  • I agree with getting the color swatches to see what goes. Also think about what time of year your wedding is and what time of day. You can play with variations of these colors depending on this too. I like the orange and purple combo. I think its just you choosing on what shades of those colors you want. Also look for color variations at like David's Bridal and Men's suit places to get ideas on the variations of colors you might like. Good Luck!
  • The knot is a good place to help every bride really, I am also checking for my favor color, and just I saw the knot have a full set color solution for us in the REAL WEDDING photo gallery, you can check there, and they give us so many different matching styles, real big help!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards