Not Engaged Yet

Bought my wedding dress!

So I finally got to go dress shopping with my mom and sisters over the weekend.  The store was great.  Literally every dress the consultant picked out was something I liked.  And you could actually look through the dresses yourself, unlike the other stores I've been to.  A lot of them even had price tags too.  Imagine!

And I fell in love with one of the dresses.  Actually two but I love the one I ultimately picked out the most.  It's lace with a corset back, and strapless (I know!) but I am adding cap sleeves.  I am calling them tomorrow to figure out the style number (I know it's Demetrios but don't know which one).

It looks sort of like this one but there's no sash:

http://www.brides.com/fashion/dresses/gallery/wedding_dresses/vendor/designer/ultrasophisticates/detail/186731?offset=47

I'm excited to have finally found a dress I love.  I paid for about half of it.  It was in my budget too so bonus!  Smile
TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Re: Bought my wedding dress!

• edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks.

Oh and I should add that it's champagne, which I love.  A little different and very elegant.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287

My Blog

• Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great! I'm glad you had a better experience this time.  And I love the dress and the color choice- I don't think I'll pick a white dress either.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay. it's beautiful! I'm glad dress shopping this time around was a good experience for you :)
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • edited December 2011
    HOORAY!!
    Can't wait to see pictures :-D
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!! Congrats NQB!!! It looks beautiful. Were you able to take pictures when you tried it on? I'd love to see them!

ps. Have you guys gotten any snow in Albany yet? None here in Syracuse and it's starting to weird me out. Not complaining but I went for a walk today with a long sleeve shirt. No coat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No snow yet.  Perish the thought.  The weather has been kind of nice lately. 

I did take pics and I'm still waiting for my sister to email them to me.  I only looked at them briefly but my face is pissed off during most of them because when we went back to buy the dress the consultant I had was busy so the manager helped me and she laced up the corset way too low.  So I look kind of silly but I will post them when I get them!

My Blog

• desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! I'm sooo glad you had a good experience and found something you really like. Can't wait for pictures!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    NQB thats beautiful!! i love it!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay NQB! I can't wait to see!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations! It's a nice thing to not have to worry about looking for a dress.
    I know the one in the picture isn't exactly it, but it's very pretty. I went to demitrios in my dress search and tried on one really similar.
    Plus I'm sure that lace would look awesome in champagne.
    Night swimming in the ocean= pretty sweet reception!
  • edited December 2011
    it's gorgeous, NQB! can't wait to see photos!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! NQB! I am so glad you had a better experience this time :) I love your dress choice. I also bought a strapless and had sleeves put on, and I thought that was a good way to go since I got to tweak them until they were just right.
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE Your dress. A beautiful classy choice. We haven't got any snow in Oslo, Norway yet either. Which is very strange. But rather than questioning it I am enjoying the warmer November rain. Ok it's not warm, but much warmer than it usually is.
  • edited December 2011
    Lace and champagne color...yum.  I'm so happy for you.  I can't wait to see pictures of you in it.  Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!  I'm glad you were able to go with your mom and have a good experience.  Did you leave the friend at home this time?  Hahaha.  :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Yay NQB! I'm so happy you had a good experience.  Definitely post pictures of you in the dress when you get a chance.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Beautiful dress! I can't wait to see the pics!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Holy cow, that dress is gorgeous!!!! SO happy for you :)

::does little happy dance::

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    Update: Just got off the phone with the store and they told me not every style is online and that's why I can't find my dress.  Cry

Does that sound like a lie to anyone else?

I'm calling Demetrios.

My Blog

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can't find it on the bridal shop website or the designer website?

If it's the shop, and it's a smaller shop, I wouldn't be surprised if their website isn't updated.

If it's the designer website, maybe its an older style? 

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    She said it was a "store exclusive" and that the designer doesn't list all their dresses on their web sites.  I'm trying not to get too worked up over it but I've never spent this amount of money on something I couldn't even look up online, you know?  My sister is sending me the pictures tonight so I have to just be patient.  Ugh!

My Blog

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh ok, I understand.  I'm sure you'll feel much better once you get to see it in the pictures again!

It does seem kind of weird that you can't find it on the designer website at all though.
  • pinkpinotpinkpinot member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful! It's so elegant, I love it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • rickylee244rickylee244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same issue NQB with not being able to find my dress online no matter how hard I searched.  But its beautiful! and I wouldn't worry too much about that, at least you got pictures in yours, I can't until my first fitting :( I just have a picture of it on a dummy lol
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Glad you finally found a dress! Can't wait to see pics of it
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooo, I can't wait to see pics! That is a very pretty dress, and I love cap sleeves, so I can't wait to see how it turns out :)
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Congrats. The one in the link you posted is REALLY pretty!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards