Wedding Etiquette Forum

Now that I'm older I...

- Realized I'm a lot slower than I used to be (running)
- I look a lot better than I did in my 20's

Re: Now that I'm older I...

• - care more about staying fit, not for appearance reasons, but for health
    - realize how important my family is to me
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm more confident in myself and my decisions.

I don't stress over the piddly stuff that I used to stress over.

I don't care if I don't please my mother all of the time. I don't take any of her passive/aggressive craap anymore. I call her on it.
  • - Am way more comfortable with myself
    - Appreciate all the little things my family had to do for me
  • - know it's not the quantity of friends you have, it's the quality.
    - am still trying to figure out what I want to do "when I grow up"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • - have no room for toxic people in my life. If you suck, I won't think twice about cutting you loose.
    - embrace my introversion rather than trying to disguise it
  • - eat healthier than I used to.
    - PRed by 11 minutes in the marathon, when I thought I was never going to be fast again, probably because I lost weight, because I eat healthier than I used to. Yay.
    - don't post personal or political stuff on FB.
    - am much less selfish about how I spend my time.
    - attend church regularly again.
    - gave up social dancing, because FI doesn't dance.
    - shop at cosignment stores and vintage stores, because I always find designer clothes at good prices, and it seems like a better investment than buying new, cheaply made clothes at the same price. Besides, it's green.
  • - know who my true friends are
    - am more confident in my decisions
    - gain weight faster and lose it slower :/
    - enjoy nicer things (food, clothes, etc)
    - really appreciate the fact that I found H
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • - am way more laid back
    - know who my true friends are
    - value family above really all else
    - have learned that we are not in control of everything, even though we like to think so
    - realized I can handle much more than I ever thought possible
    - care more about health than appearance 
    - care much less what others think about me 
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment

I honestly still don't feel all that grown up. But I do hold my tongue better than I used to -- I used to have a pretty serious case of foot-in-mouth syndrome.

Lizzie
  • -realize how important it is to take care of myself, physically, mentally, emotionally.

-have control over my finances and am finally getting out of debt (yay!)

-know that some of the decisions I made when I was younger certainly weren't the best, but made me who I am today (corny, yes.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • -Don't get jealous.  I can pause and say it would be nice to do that but realize all my blessings that out weight that one thing.
    -Feel much more sympathy for people.  Not the patronizing kind but the genuine sympathy for others.  I guess it is more empathy than sympathy. 
    -Patience.
    -I have no time for IL drama.  Especially not of the IL variety. [BIL FI wants to say things about SIL.  I shut it down.  Even if I agree about something, I shut it down.  It has resulted in me not being part of the SIL +BIL FI clique.  The challenge I am still handling is being completely okay with being the outsider because I won't participate in such drama talk.  I'm okay with it but it still hurts and makes me angry that they are all BFF when we are at family parties but I know they have all tried to talk about each other to me and because I won't participate, I am not part of the clique. (Obviously this is something I am still working on.)]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • - am getting fat. I used to be able to eat whatever without thinking about it, and I was pretty thin. Now, not so much. Since I used to be able to eat crap and not gain weight, I never learned healthy exercise habits. So, yeah...

Are these supposed to be positive things? Sorry, I don't have much of that these days.
  • - realize that my muscles hurt a whole lot more than they used to!

- am confident in myself and my goals

- wish that time would move just a bit slower...
  • - Am confident in who I am, even though I'm not mainstream

- try to appreciate time and people and know that it is limited

- know that I need to pick my battles. I don't have to be right all the time.

• - get two day hangovers.  Dammit.
    panther
  • -have a lot less to prove

-remembered that I don't need to be liked by everyone (somewhere along the line I forgot that even though I knew it as a teen)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_now-that-im-older-i?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ce742376-3154-471e-86ba-e3efe29766b0Post:76dbd9be-417f-46e6-884d-2eff788cd6a5">Re: Now that I'm older I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]- <strong>have no room for toxic people in my life. If you suck, I won't think twice about cutting you loose</strong>. - embrace my introversion rather than trying to disguise it
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]
    I love that Jill. I'm the same way. I can't be bothered with you if all you do is drag me down, I don't care who you are. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_now-that-im-older-i?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ce742376-3154-471e-86ba-e3efe29766b0Post:a6901ae4-20b1-47e0-a10a-c8326def91b7">Re: Now that I'm older I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]- eat healthier than I used to. - PRed by 11 minutes in the marathon, when I thought I was never going to be fast again, probably because I lost weight, because I eat healthier than I used to. Yay. - don't post personal or political stuff on FB. - am much less selfish about how I spend my time. - attend church regularly again. - gave up social dancing, because FI doesn't dance.<strong> - shop at cosignment stores and vintage stores, because I always find designer clothes at good prices, and it seems like a better investment than buying new, cheaply made clothes at the same price. Besides, it's green.</strong>
    Posted by runpipparun[/QUOTE]

I LOVE consignment stores.  I worked at one when I was in college and now I'm extremely frugal when I shop for clothes.  I'll see something at Target and think "$24 for a shirt?!  I can get a better brand for $7 at the consignement store".
    Anniversary
  • - value my parents and how they raised me a lot more than I used to.
    - have become a lot more of a homebody.
    - realize how NOT confident I was when I was in my 20's.
    - no longer tolerate flaky friends.

I also kind of feel like no one under 27 or so should be answering this :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_now-that-im-older-i?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ce742376-3154-471e-86ba-e3efe29766b0Post:c9d79f92-99eb-43d7-a6b2-d7af8ba863e3">Re: Now that I'm older I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]- value my parents and how they raised me a lot more than I used to. - have become a lot more of a homebody. - realize how NOT confident I was when I was in my 20's. - no longer tolerate flaky friends.<strong> I also kind of feel like no one under 27 or so should be answering this </strong>:)
    Posted by abbalish[/QUOTE]

<div>Heh.  I would say no one under 30.  </div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_now-that-im-older-i?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ce742376-3154-471e-86ba-e3efe29766b0Post:c9d79f92-99eb-43d7-a6b2-d7af8ba863e3">Re: Now that I'm older I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]- value my parents and how they raised me a lot more than I used to. - have become a lot more of a homebody. - realize how NOT confident I was when I was in my 20's. - no longer tolerate flaky friends. <strong>I also kind of feel like no one under 27 or so should be answering this :)</strong>

<div>Hah!  Definitely!  "Now that I'm 22 I...can drink legally!"</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_now-that-im-older-i?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ce742376-3154-471e-86ba-e3efe29766b0Post:8d224c58-9b60-4128-89bc-d8b46801f1fa">Re: Now that I'm older I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now that I'm older I... : Heh.  I would say no one under 30.  
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

Heh.  I was going to say 30 at first but then changed it because I wasn't trying to be so exclusive.  And really, at 31 I'm pretty much the same as I was at 29.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_now-that-im-older-i?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ce742376-3154-471e-86ba-e3efe29766b0Post:1c57e5ba-c825-44ab-bdc1-b1bf5c7fa9b3">Re: Now that I'm older I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now that I'm older I... : Heh.  I was going to say 30 at first but then changed it because I wasn't trying to be so exclusive.  And really, at 31 I'm pretty much the same as I was at 29.

<div>I actually just keep turning 22 over and over again.  It has worked out really, really well so far.</div>
  • Yeah, I probably should have qualified it with "Now that I am over 28, I..." 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_now-that-im-older-i?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ce742376-3154-471e-86ba-e3efe29766b0Post:8817c171-565a-4ced-9545-e3f7e47c66ec">Re: Now that I'm older I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now that I'm older I... : I actually just keep turning 22 over and over again.  It has worked out really, really well so far.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

I often still *think* of myself as 22-23.  Like, I'll be talking about someone who's 23 years old and I'll think, "oh, they're my age!" and then I'm like, "wait, actually, no, I've got almost 10 years on them, dammit!"
  • I'm 29 in physical years, but there's a 90year old woman inside me.
  • Hey, I'm a very different person from 20 year old me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • - am a lot less ambitious. I don't want to be the best at work stuff. I just want to have a stable job I don't hate that pays a decent salary.

- realize how much easier it would have been to just stay in shape instead of gaining 60 pounds and trying to lose it.
  • And now I feel sufficiently old enough to have surpassed the arbitrary minimum age to participate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards