New Jersey

Venue Help in Northern NJ/Westchester and Beyond! :(

Hi all!  I got engaged over Thanksgiving and have searched high and low for a wedding venue since without success.  The closest I have come to booking a place is Addison Park, but I just can't bring myself to book at a place that holds 2 weddings at a time - sharing the same WALL - with 2 bridal parties taking turns for photos, noise complaints, etc.

My "dream wedding" was always the Liberty House - something with amazing views and different than the typical ballroom/reception hall. However, in person, I felt it was too small for our 200 person wedding (despite the fact it can hold more) and I want something a little more formal/elegant.

Does ANYONE, ANYWHERE have ANY suggestions for a venue in the NJ/Westchester/Hudson Valley even Brooklyn/New Rochelle, etc. area??? Trying to avoid Manhattan, but will keep an open mind if it has everything I want. Some of the items on my venue "wish list" are below. I know I cannot have them ALL, but they may help with suggestions...I am about ready to give up completely. :(

- elegant/classy/modern (no old carpeting, wood paneling)
- lots of windows
- beautiful views
- on the water (jersey shore or hudson river) or with great views (but fancy - many jersey shore places are very casual)
- preferably 1 wedding a a time

Thank you in advance!!!

PS This is what I have seen already:
  • Addison Park
    Avenue
    Chart House
    Clarks Landing Yacht Club
    Crystal Point Yacht Club
    Florentine Gardens
    Glen Harbour Yacht Club
    Greentree Country Club
    Il Tulipano
    Jersey CIty Hyatt
    Liberty House
    Marina Del Rey
    Maritime Parc
    McCloones (Long Branch)
    Ocean Place Spa & Resort
    Palisadium
    Pleasantdale Chateau
    Rockleigh Country Club
    Seasons
    Stone House
    The Brownstone
    The Grove
    The View on the Hudson
    Waterside Restaurant & Catering
    Westmount Country Club

Re: Venue Help in Northern NJ/Westchester and Beyond! :(

• Brooklake Country Club, FLorham Park NJ
  • You looked at some pretty nice places if you couldn't find one out of that list I think you might be a little too picky!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_venue-northern-njwestchester-beyond?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:1ea0b281-18e7-4f87-a290-041d3a1ba463Post:880fa847-1d57-44b0-8370-390861212ef3">Re: Venue Help in Northern NJ/Westchester and Beyond! :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]You looked at some pretty nice places if you couldn't find one out of that list I think you might be a little too picky!
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

<div>+1</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_venue-northern-njwestchester-beyond?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:1ea0b281-18e7-4f87-a290-041d3a1ba463Post:880fa847-1d57-44b0-8370-390861212ef3">Re: Venue Help in Northern NJ/Westchester and Beyond! :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]You looked at some pretty nice places if you couldn't find one out of that list I think you might be a little too picky!
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

<div>my thoughts exactly</div>
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree that you have seen many of what I consider really nice places in NJ. Not sure what else you could possibly be looking for. Did you look at Eagle Oaks Country Club?  They are one at a time and overlook really nice grounds.  However my friend had about 250 people and it was a little cramped. Never been to weddings here but heard they were really nice- Crystal Plaza, Park Savoy, Chart House, Hyatt in Jersey City, W in Hoboken.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2012
    I went to a wedding reception at Glen Island Harbour Club in New Rochelle this past summer (FI's cousin was the bride). It was gorgeous and the staff seemed to be super attentive and quick on their feet. For example, the bride & groom were surprised by one of the priests at the reception (the bride invited several - she's a Catholic high school teacher) by a blessing of their marriage from the Pope, and out of nowhere someone appeared with an easel so it could be displayed.

The cocktail hour had SO MUCH FOOD that it could have been the whole reception. I was stuffed. The drinks were amazing. The main course was "eh" but also that is in part because I was stuffed from cocktail hour. They even had a snack station while you waited for one of the valets to pick up your car. If you can afford it, I'd definitely recommend Glen Island!
  • Check out Stage 6 at Steiner Studios - it is an Abigail Kirsch venue in Brooklyn - this sounds exactly like what you have in mind.  You could also try the AK venues in Manhattan, although you said you are against Manhattan.  Also, the Glass Houses in Manhattan.
    Anniversary
  • Manhattan - although you said you'd rather not look unless you have to
    Central Park Boathouse
    Tribeca Rooftop

Jersey
    Old Tappan Manor
    Crystal Springs Resort
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Old tappan manor!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Garrison. It's everything you want-lots of windows, simple decor, gorgeous valley views. I was similarly picky and that's where we wound up getting married, and I was thrilled with it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • You should check out the Park Savoy in Florham Park. They are in the middle of a renovation, but might meet your needs once it's done (April).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Il Villaggio - Carlstadt, NJ
  • I really liked Bonnet Island Estate, but it was out of our budget - worth checking out.  All of the "Weddings of Distinction" places are really nice:
    http://www.weddingsofdistinctionnj.com/index.php

• I agree about the Weddings of Distinction properties. Have you tried Mallard Island Yacht Club?
  • How about Natirar in Somerset County?  I think it's pretty pricey, but worth checking out, it's absolutely stunning.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards