October 2012 Weddings

New dress, one week out.

You may remember my alterations going bad last week.  Basically the two inches of fabric removed was just too much.  I was able to drop about an inch in my bust by really upping my water intake, working out and watching salt/carb intake, but it just wasn't enough.  I was just so uncomfortable, and to make matters worse I haven't liked that dress for the past several months after FMIL said that our FG had a nicer dress than I did.  All along I've been telling myself it's just a dress and you wear it for one day and to stop being such a girl, so I was just going to deal.

As soon as my mom and I got in the car she said "I think we need to look for another dress."  So my discomfort and disappointment must have been written all over my face, because that is very much not the norm for my mom.

We went to lunch and cried.  I thought "What are the chances of finding another dress that won't need alterations.  It's one week from my wedding."  We went to David's Bridal and tried on about 8 dresses... And I found THE DRESS.  My mom cried her eyes out (she never cried with any of the wedding stuff).  It's what I was looking for all along, and it fits perfectly.  It doesn't even need hemmed (I'm a little shorter than average,so this is amazing).  The women there were so amazing.  They cried for me when they found out what happened, discounted the already discounted dress, steamed and cleaned it that day, and one of them even bought me the nicer bag to put it in as a wedding present.  I couldn't believe it.

So one week out and I have a dress that I'm actually excited about instead of bummed/worried.  :D

Re: New dress, one week out.

• I'm so glad you found a new dress!  That's so awesome that you were able to find one that both you and your mom loved.  
  • Fantastic!
    Anniversary
  • that's great!  I remember your post about teh bad alterations so I'm really happy for you now:)
  • That is so awesome!  Wishing you an amazing wedding and I hope your FMIL has nicer words for you when you show up in a new dress.  :)
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • How wonderful!  I'm so glad that you'll have a dress you love on your wedding day.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Aww yay! You should love your wedding dress. Yes you do only wear it for one day, but its one of the most memorable/important days of your life. So glad you were able to find a new dress that you love. How nice of the girls at DB to discount it further for you and buy you the garment bag. :D
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • YAY!!!  I'm so happy for you, i'm a little pheclemped over here!!!!!  YAY for Davids Bridal!!!  I bought my dress there and got a great deal on it...I was so happy to find THE DRESS and it be in my price range....CONGRATS....puts a whole new HAPPY MOJO on the day!!!!
    Jessica Wedding Countdown Ticker 120 Invitedimage
    101 Are ready to party image
    18 Can't make it image
    1 Are keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering image
  • Thank goodness!!  That's great news!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited October 2012
    That is such a nice story!! I"m soo happy for you.  My dress is a little tight in the bust too, I know how uncomfortable and disappointing that can be!  Congrats!!
  • That is amazing!  Congrats!!

• that is amazing! and I totally understand how one comment like that can ruin it for you. Glad it all worked out!
  • YAY that's wonderful news, I am so happy for you :D
    Can't wait to see pics  :D
  • Congratulations!!
    I would recommend that you post a review if you had that great of an experience at David's Bridal- people only post when they have a bad experience, and DB gets such a bad rep! I also had a wonderful experience and try to tell people whenevr I can- I'm sure some (many?) are bad, but I LOVED my DB consultant.
  • That's a happy story to read!  I'm soo glad you found a dress that you love. I agree with PP about writing a great review for DB.  I have had some negative experiences with them in the past as a bridesmaid but the consultant we worked with for my bridesmaids and jr. bridesmaids dresses was wonderul. 
    Anniversary
    Missing our September Sunflower
    BFP 12/23/12: EDD 9/01/13: MMC 1/31/13, baby stopped growing at 8w2d. D&C 2/01/13
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_new-dress-one-week-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:5266929e-77ba-4ed2-b6dd-26a2f8a25640Post:22ced402-adeb-4267-b323-e6eaeb107b8d">Re: New dress, one week out.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations!! I would recommend that you post a review if you had that great of an experience at David's Bridal- people only post when they have a bad experience, and DB gets such a bad rep! I also had a wonderful experience and try to tell people whenevr I can- I'm sure some (many?) are bad, but I LOVED my DB consultant.
    Posted by darlingc[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely going to write a review and name the girls by name.  I looked there for my original dress but didn't love anything.  My experience was average, nothing bad, nothing outstanding.  But this visit was truly amazing.  They went above and beyond, even though we didn't have an appointment and they were swamped (it was a Saturday afternoon).

AND I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT MY DRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I keep opening the bag just to look at it, like a total weirdo, haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards