Flowers

Ivory vs. White flowers

Hi everybody... So I ordered my wedding dress in July and it's white, and I'm having a black and white wedding, with small and simple lavender accents in just the flowers, I think. Anyway, the florist whom I met with suggested ivory roses versus white roses, and I keep going back and forth as to whether there will be a significant difference between the two, or if the ivory will look bad against my white dress. She said white roses tend to have a subtle tint of yellow in them, and I keep reading online that there aren't really any purely white flowers, that they are mostly shades of ivory anyway. Any thoughts are very much appreciated! :-)

Re: Ivory vs. White flowers

• edited December 2011
    i think a flower that was more ivory then white would actually show up with your dress and look great, a white flower on a white dress would dissapear
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think using various shades of white and ivory flowers would help it blend better between the white and ivory, and add enough contrast for the flowers to show up against the white dress. 

You might look on the inspiration boards for white/ivory flowers.  Or take a few artificial white and ivory flowers to a bridal shop and see how it looks in person agains various colors of wedding dresses.
  • twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a white dress with ivory roses, and I was thrilled with the look.

There's a picture of it here:
    http://www.theknot.com/contests/My-Real-Wedding/Photo/155345/rebekah-and-bens-wedding
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I'd go with ivory. The beauty of the petal shapes kind of gets lost in the white, whereas ivory roses have just that little bit more depth to them. And white would just get lost against your dress, as dizzinea said.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree about there not being true white--I ordered "white" roses for my bouquet and was surprised how "ivory" they ended up looking.  I didn't mind really though as I used a mix of white and ivory in my decor.  My dress was silk and diamond white.  I never looked at true ivory roses so I'm not sure of the difference.

• edited December 2011
    i had white roses if you look at my pictures they arent really "white" as the florist stated (like you) there arent really many "white" roses... mine were more creme... just tell her white since they will look ivory as is... my dress was diamond white and you could see the different from the color of my flowers to the dress, its not like they blended in.

My Randomly Updated Planning Bio
    EVERYTHING FOR SALE- JUST ASK!
    Anniversary
  • flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    there are very few flowers that are a pure white. most white flowers are a creamy white and will blend with either Ivory or white dresses. Don't get to hung up on the term "white". I agree about having different shades of white in your bokay.You will give texture and depth to the bokay by choosing this .JMO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards